#1December 6th, 2006 · 09:06 PM
1 threads
1 posts
Canada
My new "Planned" Rig
Hello,

I Have just recently started to purchase and set up my new guitar rig. I am posting because I want to know if what I am buying is the correct shit before I actually go our and buy it!

I just bought a Mesa 4 x 12 rec. Trad. Cab. I am purchasing a Krank Krankenstien head. I am haveing them put in to custom road cases I am having built so they can survive life on the road. Anyways, I have heard of some feedback problems with the Krank, but overall apparently it kicks ass! I'm wondering if what I am buying will be sufficient enough to cut out the feedback and make my rig happy! I am buying a Furman Power conditioner, A Hush Super C and  Korg Rackmount tuner. Does this sound right?
#2December 6th, 2006 · 09:46 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Re:feedback: you might want to read this.
http://www.sciam.com/askexpert_question.cfm?articleID=00089B16-BD58-1F5F-905980A84189EEDF&catID=3&chanID=sa005
as far as I know all amplifiers feedback it's just at what db they become unstable. If extreme volumes are needed you might think about some kinda of EQ to help level the freq. peaks. There is another way to get around this but it takes practice. I used to play at real loud volumes it just takes practice learning how to control the rig.IE guitar volume knob control and or volume pedals and getting some distance between you  and your speakers.

Anyway good luck sounds like you are on the right track though.
#3December 8th, 2006 · 01:37 AM
1 threads
1 posts
Canada
Thanks..
Thanks a shitload for your advice and link dude. Although I don't have the amp in my hands as of yet, and I'm basing this entirely on what I've read in reviews. Apparently if you go past 3 on the volume, it starts to feedback. I understand that distance is obviously a factor, I just don't want it to be uncontrollably feedbacking at higher volumes. As it is a 100w tube amp and is meant to be turned up I wanna rip with that machine. My bandmate has a mesa dual rec and I notice that he gets feedback lots. My old friend however, had a mesa triple and a hush and all that jazz, and he never got feedback. it was literally impossible to get feedback from his amp and he told me it was from the hush super c. Do you know if that rack actually prevents feedback as well as cutting out background noise? I've heard the newer ones have a compressor built in?
Thanks again dude.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:14 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.