#1June 4th, 2012 · 05:30 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fenix by Young Chang
Anyone heard of 'Fenix by Young Chang'
I've seen this Jazz Bass on eBay - as I understand it, this company made fender squires for a short while and also branded them until a Fender Lawsuit. Seems like I can get a bargain here.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140763653292?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
#2June 4th, 2012 · 01:47 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Yeah, sometimes "Fenix" stuff appears on ebay. One of the hundrets of cheapo-dealers on ebay.
But I donīt know if theyīre good for something.
Do you want it for altering to a fretless? For this purpose it might be ok.
#3June 4th, 2012 · 02:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Yeah, sometimes "Fenix" stuff appears on ebay. One of the hundrets of cheapo-dealers on ebay.
But I donīt know if theyīre good for something.
Do you want it for altering to a fretless? For this purpose it might be ok.
I read somewhere today on a forum that these bases are of similar build quality to those Fenders made in Japan, if this is true, then it could well be a bargain.
Although the Ibanez SR500 that I bought recently is a quality Bass, I'm not entirely happy with the tone, it's hard to explain - I like to hear the wood in the tone, like on my eighties Ibanez. Until I get a Fender/Fenix I'm never going to find out my preference. It may well turn out that my eighties Ibanez remains my favourite.

My instinct tells me that the Ibanez SR500 is more suited to metal and hard rock. I'll probably keep it anyway, just to add to my collection and playing Rock.
#4June 5th, 2012 · 06:49 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
  Iīm surprised about that youīre not happy with the tone of the sr500. As far as I remember itīs good for any style. And what I heard on your recent records was also a really clear, warm, "woody" and strong bass tone.
Perhaps itīs just hard to leave old (sound-)habits behind. Dunno.
Playing around with the 3-way-EQ and testing various settings could help you finding out when you can use which adjustment. But it needs patience and a "new ear", yunno ?
#5June 5th, 2012 · 08:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
:o  Iīm surprised about that youīre not happy with the tone of the sr500. As far as I remember itīs good for any style. And what I heard on your recent records was also a really clear, warm, "woody" and strong bass tone.
Perhaps itīs just hard to leave old (sound-)habits behind. Dunno.
Playing around with the 3-way-EQ and testing various settings could help you finding out when you can use which adjustment. But it needs patience and a "new ear", yunno ?
You could well be right in that I have had the same bass for over 25 years. I did not buy the Fenix, only because it was cosmetically in poor condition, it's important for me that an instrument looks good as well as sounds good - I am a sucker for beauty, but then most men are.
I think I'll hang on to the SR500 - one day I'd like to get a Fender Jazz MIM, MIJ, or ultimately MIA. My Finances are not as flush, so I'll wait when they change, probably in about a year, when I've paid off my home and paid for a dream holiday celebrating 25 years of marriage. The mrs would go mental if after we paid the mortgage I go purchasing pro instruments, but every dog has his day and mine will come in time.
#6August 1st, 2012 · 08:34 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
there's been some very good instrument under the name of Fenix
at some point they were build in the same factory as Samick and the quality control was very good
one of the best tele I heard was a fenix
not sure about the young chang name
#7August 2nd, 2012 · 02:07 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
vincentL wrote…
there's been some very good instrument under the name of Fenix
at some point they were build in the same factory as Samick and the quality control was very good
one of the best tele I heard was a fenix
not sure about the young chang name
young chang are now recognised as fine Acoustic Piano manufacturers. The reviews are good, but I'm no expert. The only Pianos I've seen pro's use are both Steinway and Yamaha.
http://www.youngchang.com/
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 11:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.