#1May 28th, 2012 · 09:17 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Handmaster Plus
One of my symptoms is tennis elbow plus a few weeks ago I had trouble with my fingers and tendons on my hand whilst playing guitar and bass.
I did some reasearch and found this superb exersising tool. I haven't used it yet, but I have been doing exersises simply by clenching a glass or similar and using the fingers of my other hand both clenching and opposite
http://www.habdirect.co.uk/products/sports-injury-physio-room/physio-equipment/handmaster-plus?gclid=COvf04CGo7ACFcohfAodJGtlWQ
I should receive delivery of it soon, I'll let you know what I think of it.

Over the last three days I've noticed a significant improvement and was able to play the guitar without too much discomfort. It is also good for carpal tunnel syndrome, which I think I have too.
#2June 2nd, 2012 · 05:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I have used the handmaster plus for five days now. In that time the strength in my fingers and forearm have improved, I am now starting to play the guitar again.
I've also had my first physio session in which I've been given two exersises to do that I have been doing for two days.  This is also helping my symptoms.
I think in about a week I will be almost back to how I was allowing to increase practising time.  One of the symptoms I have is a numbness to the tip of my index finger to my fretting hand.  The physiotherapist said it is linked to a nerve that runs from my shoulder.  The exersises they have given me should in time reduce the numbness and pain, then hopefully get me back to how I was.
I'll update the thread in a week or so.
#3June 3rd, 2012 · 02:01 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Be careful not to fall back in pain
#4June 3rd, 2012 · 02:29 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Be careful not to fall back in pain
I will - thank you for your concern. I'm slowly getting back to things, any sign of straining and I stop - it's a question of getting the right ballance of relaxing and exercising, so far so good, I'm continuing to make a full recovery.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.