#1November 23rd, 2006 · 11:32 PM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Fender FM 212R
hey guys,

just asking about the fender amp 212r anyone got one or know anything about it? I have tested it out at my local music shop and it sounds pretty good, really nice clean channel, and it has a sweet price for a 100 watt amp and i thought i might just ask your opinion on it whilst i save the money for it.

So...yeah...any comments would be great
#2November 23rd, 2006 · 11:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well....
THe Frontman is a pretty good amp....  but, I have to ask, do you do alot of gigs?  Alot of Jams with not alot of PA equipment? I was wondering why the need for 100 watt amp?  It's a great amp for the money...  but if you don't need the power, why lug that monster around? it is HUGE and HEAVY..  If you want a great sound, and just something easier to lug to shows, with great volume, and you have decent pa mic'ing ability...  then go for the Blues Junor... much easier to handle and tube warmth that really makes a difference... 

Just my opinion.... but, I am not dissing the Fender Frontman 212... with those 2 12 inch speakers, it is a powerhouse, and sounds great, but replace them speakers with some Eminence.. Patriot's are less expensive, but Zakk Wilds will hold up better with the gain pegged...   but if your not peggin it, I would suggest a 15 to 30 watter..  More than you need really...  I have done gigs with nothing higher than a 5 watt tube, that gives you really about 35 watts totally pegged, but we never pegged it, mic'd it, and kept it reletively clean...  we dimed it a couple times, to get some good tube crunch...  anyway, that's it...  good luck...

JimK
#3November 24th, 2006 · 12:03 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yup I'm with you on this one Jim
Why break your back and if you get a lower wattage amp you can get that good punchy sound without driving everyone out of the room. I think 25 to 30 watts is plenty for tube amps.
#4November 24th, 2006 · 12:30 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
ok, so you reakon 25 - 30 will be enough cool. i'll look further into it

(I geuss i really shouldn't listen to the sales guy cos he was just trying to sell me the biggest thing there)
#5December 25th, 2006 · 05:18 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Fender Blues Deluxe reissue
what do you think of the fender Blues Deluxe?

one of my Friends has one and loves it but I'm not sure if it would still be too much power than i really need?
#6December 26th, 2006 · 12:57 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Da Blues DelUXe
Is the Bomb diggity...   It's the amp that makes all other amps feel inferior.... 

Great amp...  it's bad though weight wise...   45 pounds isn't light ....  It puts out some power with that 40 watts...  Your pushing closer to about 65-70 watts true output... with a tube screamer, you can even push them more... get some really wicked crunch...  

Go for it....  as long as the price and weight don't kill ya.... 

JimK

I would say the Blues Junior is a good one... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blonde-Blues-Junior-Guitar-Amp?sku=480491

Great price... AWESOME sound... and Wieght is MUCH BETTER about 15 pounds lighter...  makes a HUGE difference when you try to break down at the end of the night...
#7December 26th, 2006 · 03:58 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
does the blues junior have 2 channels? cos i really want something with 2 channels and a footswitch maybe...

im not sure to go with the smaller cheaper one or the bigger one...i have plenty of money at the moment so i might go for the blues deluxe, maybe...lol
#8December 26th, 2006 · 10:09 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
sorry
It's only a one channel....  but does have footswitch...  here's the spec's with this tube compliment... we are talking a powerhouse with a 15watt rating... this thing is pushing massive crunch.. and awesome verbage...

Specifications:
Model Name     Blues Junior
Series     Hot Rod Series
Type     All Tube
Output     15 watts into 8 ohms
Impedance     8 ohms
Speakers     1-12" Fender Special Design 8 ohm, 50 watt Speaker
Channels     1 Channel
Features     "Fat" Switch,
Reverb,
Footswitch Jack for Remote "Fat" on/off,
Chrome Panel,
Vintage Pointer Knobs
Controls     Reverb,
Master,
Middle,
Bass,
Treble,
"Fat" Switch,
Volume
Covering     Blonde covering with oxblood grillecloth
Weight     31 lbs. (14.06 kg)
Dimensions     Height: 16" (40.64 cm),
Width: 18" (45.72 cm),
Depth: 9.18" (23.31 cm)
Power Handling     N/A
Tube Complement     3 X 12AX7,
2 X EL84,
Solid State Rectifier
Shipping Weight     35 lbs
Cover     Uses Cover, p/n 420555, (Not Included)
Accessories     None
Footswitch     Uses Optional 1-Button Footswitch, p/n 420703

If that don't get your blood pumping... man...

JimK
P.S. I lugged around a MASSIVE Head and Cab setup for a long time, till I learned...  After that, it was small combos..  and a mic...     20 years of setting up and tearing down...   I learned alot....
#9December 26th, 2006 · 11:36 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I'm giggin with nothing but a pod 2 now
the cover band I'm in I just use the pod 2 and a floorboard controller. very light weight and lots of sounds and ability. 

The amp above looks like a real pro amp and I love the wattage on it.  looks like the perfect club giggin amp.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.