#1July 16th, 2011 · 07:35 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Parker Maxxfly test
Yesterday I got the Parker "Maxxfly" , opened the case and a beautiful piece of wood appeared.
Took it in my hands, played a few tones without a cable (dry) and......... .. whatīs that? From 1st to 5th fret rattling strings ?
Oh no !  So I adjusted the neck. Ok, no prob, after a few minutes it was done.
Then I adjusted vib-system and stringspace. Ok , after a few minutes it was done, too.
I put a cable into the jack, trying all the PU sounds. .....Oh no ! Whatīs that ??    Humming, scratching, dropouts ....
Opening the backplate (12 screws) and see that the jack is not screwed tight. A waggly jack on a 1600 € git?   Ok , I tighened it, closed the backplate (12 screws), put the cable in , played a few tones, switched PUs
and..........    oh no!!! Scratching noises when using piezo- and tone potis.
Opening backplate again (remember: 12 screws) , fumbling and twiddling with the electronic, cables, connections. Mmmmmhh?? Everythings looks solid inside.Why these noises ?
During the evening I opend and closed the backplate x-times, but I couldnīt find the cause.
Now I did like Elvis sung: "Return to sender".......       

What can I say positvely about the git ?
Looking great. Very good balanced light weight instrument. Various, fat, beautiful tone and a long sustain .
Easyly to play on a plain and slim fretboard.
A propos slim fretboard. A bit too slim for my playing, īcause when I played pull-offs on the thin E-string, the string slips off the fretboard.

This experience makes it easier to choose the Fender strat American Standard I mentioned in another post.

U.L.I.
#2July 16th, 2011 · 09:37 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Ohhhh too bad about the Parker. I'm surprised there were that many problems in such an expensive (and well-known) guitar. I've been looking at the Fender Deluxe American Ash Strat and I'm impressed with what they say it can do. So maybe it was "all for the best" anyway.

#3July 16th, 2011 · 12:55 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Parker Maxxfly test
ULI wrote…
Yesterday I got the Parker "Maxxfly" , opened the case and a beautiful piece of wood appeared.
Took it in my hands, played a few tones without a cable (dry) and......... .. whatīs that? From 1st to 5th fret rattling strings ?
Oh no !  So I adjusted the neck. Ok, no prob, after a few minutes it was done.
Then I adjusted vib-system and stringspace. Ok , after a few minutes it was done, too.
I put a cable into the jack, trying all the PU sounds. .....Oh no ! Whatīs that ??    Humming, scratching, dropouts ....
Opening the backplate (12 screws) and see that the jack is not screwed tight. A waggly jack on a 1600 € git?   Ok , I tighened it, closed the backplate (12 screws), put the cable in , played a few tones, switched PUs
and..........    oh no!!! Scratching noises when using piezo- and tone potis.
Opening backplate again (remember: 12 screws) , fumbling and twiddling with the electronic, cables, connections. Mmmmmhh?? Everythings looks solid inside.Why these noises ?
During the evening I opend and closed the backplate x-times, but I couldnīt find the cause.
Now I did like Elvis : "Return to sender".......       

What can I say positvely about the git ?
Looking great. Very good balanced light weight instrument. Various, fat, beautiful tone and a long sustain .
Easyly to play on a plain and slim fretboard.
A propos slim fretboard. A bit too slim for my playing, īcause when I played pull-offs on the thin E-string, the string slips off the fretboard.

This experience makes it easier to choose the Fender strat American Standard I mentioned in another post.

U.L.I.

That's shocking

I wonder where they are made.
You do here stories that even with some expensive guitars they are not set-up properly.

I think you was able to try out the Fender in a shop, so it should be a pretty safe bet. The Fenders a beautifully balanced, you can rest them on your lap to take the strain off your neck and back.  I too suffer form a bad neck, the Tenor Sax is very heavy, sometimes I get a spasm and can't play,
#4July 16th, 2011 · 02:03 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I also wonder if that is a hazard of mail-order guitars - I've bought one is my lifetime and it needed a lot of work, even though it was a respectable guitar. It seems most guitarist advise against mail-ordering a guitar..Perhaps for that reason...I don't know......
#5July 17th, 2011 · 03:29 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
denis wrote…
I think you was able to try out the Fender in a shop, so it should be a pretty safe bet.
Yip, I played one here it in a shop and fell in love with it. But since I had the Parkers in my mind all the time
Iīd never have forgiven myself if I hadnīt tested it. Now I can take the strat in quiet consience.

BC wrote…
I also wonder if that is a hazard of mail-order guitars
This might be a reason for such issues. I think thereīs a lack of quality (end) control right in the factory.
The Parker(electric) was just built a lil frouzy . This can happen everywhere and always.

"Thomann" is the biggest dealer german-(european? )-wide. And theyīre the exlusive Parker-dealers in germany.
So thereīs no possibility to check it out in a store.
Theyīre importing their instruments from overseas, packaged by "Parker" and send it to the customers.

Once again : This git is a fantastic, beautiful, innovative instrument with a lot of great features. It sounds fantastic, is very easyly playable and all the rest is perfectly handcrafted. There were just those electronical issues made me dislike the git. If the git were perfectly adjusted it were an absolute "best buy".
Thatīs bad luck. Not the first time in my life.............hihi......... shit happens........
#6July 18th, 2011 · 12:51 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Bargain, snip, Schnaeppchen !!
I did a real snip right now.   
Found another american strat on a small ebay-shop , Tobacco sunburst, in nearly new condition.
Few months old, less played, 1 year warranty, new strings, strap and case. .............1100 €.... A difference of 445 €
I hope this time itīs a "best buy". There was a reason why it didnīt work with the "Parker". Kind of kismet, I guess.
Never mind, in 2 days Iīll hold it in my hands and hopefully Iīm gonna be satisfied then.
Here it is : and wish me some luck, please  ...................

#7July 21st, 2011 · 05:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Bargain, snip, Schnaeppchen !!
ULI wrote…
I did a real snip right now.   
Found another american strat on a small ebay-shop , Tobacco sunburst, in nearly new condition.
Few months old, less played, 1 year warranty, new strings, strap and case. .............1100 €.... A difference of 445 €
I hope this time itīs a "best buy". There was a reason why it didnīt work with the "Parker". Kind of kismet, I guess.
Never mind, in 2 days Iīll hold it in my hands and hopefully Iīm gonna be satisfied then.
Here it is : and wish me some luck, please  ...................

That's a positive thing buying second-hand at least you know the guitar has been played and tested, if you are buying from an eBayer with good ratings and pay by paypal, you would be able to get your money back if there was a problem.
One thing I would do is ask for the serial No and check the authenticity, or ask the eBayer if he has the original receipt.

GOOD LUCK...
#8July 21st, 2011 · 05:35 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Tnx, dude.   Yesterday I got it.      

I played and screwed around on it to find my personal setup whole day long. (Vib resistance, String space, PU hight etc). Great tone, 10 different sounds, great feel...............mmmmmmmmmhhh
Now I need to get accustomed to it. Itīs always a changeover playing a new instrument and will take a few days / weeks. 
here we go............................

#9July 21st, 2011 · 01:33 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Tnx, dude.   Yesterday I got it.      

I played and screwed around on it to find my personal setup whole day long. (Vib resistance, String space, PU hight etc). Great tone, 10 different sounds, great feel...............mmmmmmmmmhhh
Now I need to get accustomed to it. Itīs always a changeover playing a new instrument and will take a few days / weeks. 
here we go............................

GREAT NEWS
Happy Strating
#10July 24th, 2011 · 06:36 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
denis wrote…
Happy Strating
Jau, denis tnx !
Last 3 days I worked on finding my personal setup of the git and explored all the sound options it has. 
"Slowly it grows together what belongs tohether" (Will Brandt)   
Itīs so inspiring and different what this git can do.
I hope this will be my working horse for the rest of my life.
My "Ibi" strat I sold to a friend last week.     
This git has influenced my music, my sound, my way to play  on both of my albums.
Now a new era has begun!!

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:13 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.