#1November 23rd, 2007 · 05:42 PM
2 threads
1 posts
United States of America
Which is which, Ipod or mp3?
In your personal opinion which is which?

My girl just got a stilletto100 since she loves tracking music and I’m confused about that one because it looks like Ipod but it’s a satellite radio. Have you guys seen that stuff? She told me that it’s a commercial – free music thing so it’s like an Ipod on radio or radio on Ipod? Anyone have an idea about that?
#2November 23rd, 2007 · 06:02 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
That's an interesting little device there. I have a satellite radio receiver (mine is for XM radio, a competitor of Sirius) and a separate Mp3 player, but this is the first one I've seen that is a combination of the two. Satellite radio is a bit like traditional FM radio, except the signal is digitized and it is transmitted by a satellite positioned in orbit overhead, thus the signal is omnipresent.  Theoretically, you can travel anywhere in the continental US and receive the same signal. Additionally, Satellite radio is a subscription-only service, so there should be no advertisements (although in fact there are some). There are two Satellite Radio providers available here, they are Sirius and XM Radio. An Mp3 player is basically a device that records and plays MP3 recordings (More information can be stored via Mp3 because Mp3 is compressed digital data; Furthermore, the current micro-technology allows these things to be quite small, easy to carry, and capable of storing considerable amounts of data...be it music, videos, even information off your computer hard-drive).  An Ipod is just one BRAND of mp3 player....there are several competing brands. You can convert your cd's to mp3 (through your computer), load them into this little player and listen to them. You can also download mp3 recordings off the net (through various means). This little device you mention appears to serve BOTH as a Satellite receiver AND an mp3 player, PLUS it will record and play Satellite broadcasts. Pretty cool.
#3November 23rd, 2007 · 07:49 PM
2 threads
1 posts
United States of America
oh, okay. thanks for the info battlecat. ima gonna borrow it from her - she's going to hate me for pestering about the thing. sooner or later, hopefully, she'll give it to me as an advance xmas gift... ^_^
#4November 28th, 2007 · 06:46 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Bandamp christmas wish list, is this where we post?
Ipods mmmm there are options like cell phone 2  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.