#1August 26th, 2006 · 08:54 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
FX device
What do you think about Digitech RP200A? It is a low cost fx device which I am going to buy. Any suggestions?
#2August 26th, 2006 · 12:48 PM
6 threads
138 posts
India
Fx device

well my friend own's a Digitech RP Modeling Guitar Processor.............i personally like it cause its got neat effects and that too in a Wide range. the sound quality is impressive too.

what i like most about the Digitech RP200A is that it has a lot of Artist Presets like Dave Murray(Iron maiden),  Mike einziqer(Incubus) and a Hell lot of More Artist. the low cost of the RP200A is also quite an attraction.

you should also consider the zoom 707(2) which i bet is cheaper to the RP or one from the zoom GFX series........they are quite impressive too.

but i like the Digitech better!!!!!

its a good call, the RP300A is wonderful.

get one soon n enjoy the processing
#3August 26th, 2006 · 01:40 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Personally I wouldn't go for a Digitech device - atleast not for guitar. I know they're pretty popular but a Korg device is by far superior in sound quality. Atleast to my experience.... but what do I really know? I only have 2 tiny Korg ampworks thingies (1 for bass, 1 for guitar) which kick the hell out of a Line6 pod, and I have a Digitech vocal 300 which is nice, but definately more of a toy than a real pro FX device. I've only briefly tested the RP200A which I thought had that same kind of feel to it (the audio it produced).

But that's just my spoiled ear listening there. I wouldn't go for a Zoom either. Somehow the digital nature of their guitar fx are too audible. I'd really go for Korg if I had to choose right now.
#4August 26th, 2006 · 03:56 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
If you want something that's pro
Not sure what u want to spend, but I'm looking into all the guitar processor fx stuff right now for whats available and whats good.
So far my favorite thing that I've found is the tc electronic Gsytems stuff absolutley has some of the best sounding effects. plus it has 4 loops inside of it you can take the "brain" out and rackmount it and use a cat 5 cable to control everything (like the line 6 floorboard controller).

When you go to this page look at the left hand side (menu) and find video to watch some of the features.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-System

Gotta warn you it's pricey though.

Steve Via got rid of his big rack rig and started using this system and swears by it.
#5August 28th, 2006 · 05:11 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
TK - you have one big task on your hands in trying to select a pedal that we all approve of!

I've got a PODxt Live pedal, and could not be more pleased with it, but that flies in the face of Puppet's comment.  That said, I've never tried the Korg Ampworks pedal, so he may be right!

I have owned a Zoom pedal, and also found the sounds to be very digitized and fake sounding - especially for recording.  The other guitarist in my band uses a Boss ME-8 (I think), and I don't like that either!!!

The downside of the POD xt is that it doesn't have a drum loop simulator (if you want one) but it's still a great pedal for overall sounds - and it's nothing like as pricey as the G-System stuff.

Sounds and info can be found at http://www.line6.com/podxtlive/overview.html

But ultimately, the choice is yours - go, play, listen.  Digitech products get pretty good reliability write ups, so if that's the one you like then go for it
#6August 28th, 2006 · 08:51 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yup pod stuff is cool i have one
i like my pod but It still does not compare to my amp for "real sound" . So I'm looking at more of a fx thing for my amp and not so much as the amp simulaters. i'm not sure what triton is looking for. I have been trying out a bunch of stuff and I'll tell you when I plugged into the tc thing I was blown away by the fx sounds and all the functions(you could plug a pod or other preamp or simulator or expression pedal into one of the several loops.

Not trying to sell any thing here (i don't make commision ). 
I even checked out the digitech fx stuff too plus the alesis and korg.

Any way good hunting just don't get in a hurry on this cause who know next namm show is probably going to bring a bunch of new stuff
#7August 30th, 2006 · 03:03 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
well i am in the same boat as TK is. me too looking for a multi-effect pedal.

i had narrowed down my choices to the Digitech GNX3000 and the Korg AX3000G.

i have never used the Korg myself. the Digitech i have found to be impressive. PX says that the Korg has a far more superior in sound quality as compared to the Digitech. but i find that the GNX3000 outshines the Korg by its impressive features. both are sort of in the same price range so now i am really confused.   

guys help........does any one know of any multieffect that cost around 300$ - 350$ which is worth buying?
#8September 3rd, 2006 · 06:40 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ok I went and spent some time
I sat down this last week with several fx devices this week, and the ones I liked the most in the  300>400 range, was the digitech gnx3000, and the korgax3000g. This may not help much, but to me it's like splitting hairs between the two. Both had good sounds and decent effects. I did not get a chance to mess with the korgs I.P.S. (Intellegent Pitch Shifting).
I did get to play with the digitech I.P.S. and I was pleased with the results. 

The boss effects in this range lacked some features (like I.P.S). and some of the distortion amp sounds did not sound that good to me. It had pitch shifting and some editing but you could not set the scale or mode so it would harmonize in key on all notes that you play.

oh yeah I tried out the rp200a it's just a scaled down 3000 with some of the best features preprogrammed into it.  I would check to see if you can hook it to your computer for deep editing of the sounds and control of effects ( the salesman I was wrking with thought that you could).

Good luck
#9October 11th, 2006 · 03:27 PM
28 threads / 28 songs
95 posts
United States of America
Personally, I am so done with all the effects stuff. Basic chorus, flange and a little reverb is all I use now. And very small ammounts at that. The industry is just so saturated now that it is so difficult to be unique so I will attempt to keep things clean. Thats just my rant. 
#10October 12th, 2006 · 08:16 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yugrox wrote…
Personally, I am so done with all the effects stuff. Basic chorus, flange and a little reverb is all I use now.
That's all very well, but you use an amp too - and that will have Drive, EQ, and gain control; it will also have a speaker and cabinet in there somewhere. 
The multi-effect pedal that I use (the PODxt Live) really is an amp/cab sim, with some added effects.  A few of them will never be used!  Most of the time, I don't have a need for extra distortion or overdrive, as I can get the sound I want using the amp sim.  So in essence, all that I tend to use additionally is reverb, and sometimes chorus too.  The extra "oomph" that I want when doing a bit of soloing is now provided by adding some compression into the effects chain.   
But the beauty of a multi-effects pedal is that, if you really want it, the chances are the effect is there somewhere.  Added to that, you have the ease of just pressing one or two foot switches to change the sound completely. 
Of course, the BIG downside is that if the pedal dies on you, then you're left with nothing!
I don't bother with an amp any more, but send the signal straight to the mixer.This works well for me - obviously it's not everyone's choice.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.