#1July 22nd, 2005 · 11:57 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
Multi tracker
I am looking for a cheap, digital, four-track multitracker in the U.K(mail order) for my birthday, but so far all i can really find is this zoom mrs4:

Clicky

Do you guys have any suggestions?
#2July 23rd, 2005 · 03:51 AM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
Excuse me for asking, but when you say "cheap", exactly what price range are you looking at here?
#3July 23rd, 2005 · 03:16 PM
5 threads / 4 songs
18 posts
United States of America
I have a zoom 8-track I got for 400 dollars. It is amazing. Zoom really outdid themselves. It even comes with almost 500 preprogrammed drum beats, and you can make your own. It has many many different guitar tones and filters. you can even pan and master your own tracks. Good mini studio.
#4July 27th, 2005 · 03:38 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
zoom are a great company .... nuff said!
#5July 27th, 2005 · 01:37 PM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
I found a guy who's selling a Korg PRX4 for £125. Is this a good offer? i've been looking round the web for and r.r.p and i'm getting stuff like £300. Would this be a good purchase to make?
I'm looking at getting it for my birthday, but my parents are only willing to shell out £100, so i can't afford to go too over budget.

Clicko
#6July 27th, 2005 · 06:19 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
may i ask why you're looking at an "all in one" little digi-box solution when you've got a perfectly good computer which you're obviously using to write these posts?

for significantly cheaper you can get a good sound card and a pre-amp... and possibly still have money left over to get some other cool toys... sooo... i've never ever liked the idea of digi-box recorders... not sure why... just i've always been partial to actual computers when it comes to hard disk recording. whatever... just my take
#7July 28th, 2005 · 02:35 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
That's the problem. All of my drums and guitar stuff is in my bedroom, and the computer's in a different room. I'm not allowed to move it into my room 
#8July 28th, 2005 · 07:59 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
ahhh but that might be a blessing in diguise. you see, your computer adds unwanted noise which bleeds into your microphones, so you should just buy extra long cables and run them into the next room... a good 50' cable should do it

otherwise if that's absolutely out of the question then i guess you should get one of those digi-boxes... i'm still philosophically opposed to them :P

the memory is expensive and runs out fast, they're not really very expandable etc etc... but alas, i guess if you're gonna get one get the best one available... so i'll shut up now as i don't actually have anything constructive to say about them and don't know a thing about them (well i know plenty, but not enough to be of much value to you) aight, the end
#9August 9th, 2005 · 06:00 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
agrees with entheon
I think your better off getting cheap(Or even free )recording software, and using your computer. Try to find a deal on a good sound card, but if you can't$, at least get a preamp and/or amp simulator used, or maybe ampsimulator to double as a mike preamp. Also there are free drum progams you can downlod, like PC drummer.
Lots of free recording software. Keywaord like"free software download recording freeware" should get you pointed in the right direction. I think withou a lot of money to spend on cables, mikes etc. you're better of going with the amp simulatyor and computer drums fo sound quality.
#10August 9th, 2005 · 06:03 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Hate to do this
Don't wanna use the site this way, but I do have a KorgD8 (eight track) I'm letting go for $250 + shipping(if that helps) I'd still go with the free software and amp simulator doubling as a preamp..good luck!
#11August 9th, 2005 · 06:04 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
yeah, it is digital
the d8's digital with effects
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.