#1July 29th, 2010 · 05:33 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
AKG Perception 100?
Ok, my cheap dynamic mic is driving me nuts, I feel as if I deserve something better for my recordings. That's why I came here to ask about AKG Perception 100. Is it really all that good? From the reviews I've read, everyone's insanely happy about it, so I want to make sure I'll be happy too once I get it.
#2July 30th, 2010 · 03:44 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
What do you want to record with it?
What is your budget?
Would you consider second-hand?
#3July 30th, 2010 · 04:15 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
I mainly need it for the vocals, but I'll probably try recording distorted guitar/solos with it. My budget isn't great as I don't work, so I'll need to save up some money. No, I wouldn't buy a second-hand, because this is something I'm planning to use a lot and I want to keep it alive for atleast a year. Is it worth it? From what I've read, I'll need a pop filter, because this mic doesn't come with it?
#4July 30th, 2010 · 06:58 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Martis93 wrote…
I mainly need it for the vocals, but I'll probably try recording distorted guitar/solos with it. My budget isn't great as I don't work, so I'll need to save up some money. No, I wouldn't buy a second-hand, because this is something I'm planning to use a lot and I want to keep it alive for atleast a year. Is it worth it? From what I've read, I'll need a pop filter, because this mic doesn't come with it?

The Rode NT1a has been around for a long time, more money, but that would be my first choice.
Although I use a AKG 1000s, it's very good for acoustic guitar and I've got pretty good results with vox and flute.
Ideally when recording vox you need to also set-up a sound booth to dead the sound, but you can still get away with putting up some towels/or similar in a corner of your recording room, I've tried this and it's pretty effective.

http://www.dv247.com/microphones/rode-nt1-a-complete-vocal-recording-solution--68605

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-C-1000-S-microphone/dp/B0002H0BZU/ref=sr_1_2/277-4673519-9060042?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1280486669&sr=8-2
This mic can also work with a 9v battery, handy if you don't have phantom power, which you would need for most condenser mics

You can make your own pop filter by shaping a wire coat hanger and putting some ladies tights/stockings around it, again I've used this and it works perfectly well.

EDIT** I don't think the AKG 100 is a current model, it's probably the AKG 120
#5July 30th, 2010 · 07:20 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
I have a phantom power in my usb interface! Yeah the idea for a pop filter is great, I'll use it, because pop filters seem to be insanely expensive. And about the mic, I'm choosing from what I have in my country, because shipping usually costs very much, no matter where the package is coming from. And none of the mics you are offering have I seen here. There is this one shop which probably never updates it's website, but it's the best around, I'll go there and see what I can find.
#6July 30th, 2010 · 07:26 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Martis93 wrote…
I have a phantom power in my usb interface! Yeah the idea for a pop filter is great, I'll use it, because pop filters seem to be insanely expensive. And about the mic, I'm choosing from what I have in my country, because shipping usually costs very much, no matter where the package is coming from. And none of the mics you are offering have I seen here. There is this one shop which probably never updates it's website, but it's the best around, I'll go there and see what I can find.

Can you try before you buy?, there are probably others similar in the price range, no harm in trying them out.
#7July 30th, 2010 · 07:47 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
I will if I get the chance. Thanks for the replies
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.