#1May 14th, 2010 · 02:36 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Behringer XENYX Preamps
Hey guys - I was just wondering if on the XENYX mixers that Behringer has - do the Stereo inputs have pre-amps?  or are they just line-level inputs. 

If I have an XLR to 1/4 Inch adapter, then could I use an XLR mic on there?  It says it can take Balanced and Unbalanced inputs!

Also, if they DO have preamps, do the stereo inputs have phantom power, so as I could use a condenser mic with it?
#2May 15th, 2010 · 06:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
What models? it should tell you on the tech specs, if your not sure, I'll take a look.

The preamps are on each channel strip, if it has phanton power, check if you can select/deselct on each channel, thus you can use a combination of mics if need be.

XLR is the best connection for mics, most mixers today either have XLR or a combination type, you may need to purchase new cables with XLR male and female, buy quality, plus only buy the lenght you need, hence the longer they are the more noisy. I got mine specialy made up by a local company, they are only three meters long (I work in a small confind space) but, if it's for playing out live you need them as long as possible obviously, also the sockets/plugs are good quality.
#3May 15th, 2010 · 07:50 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I use a Behringer mini mixer
It has preamps and you can add Phantom Power on all mono XLR inputs but not on stereo. Stereo is simple Line-In (w/o preamps) used for keyboards with standard 0dB output.
#4May 15th, 2010 · 08:23 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Thx TK - I was hoping that I could use a mic with the stereo inputs but I guess not!

I'll find some other use for them.
#5May 15th, 2010 · 08:26 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
What models? it should tell you on the tech specs, if your not sure, I'll take a look.

The preamps are on each channel strip, if it has phanton power, check if you can select/deselct on each channel, thus you can use a combination of mics if need be.

XLR is the best connection for mics, most mixers today either have XLR or a combination type, you may need to purchase new cables with XLR male and female, buy quality, plus only buy the lenght you need, hence the longer they are the more noisy. I got mine specialy made up by a local company, they are only three meters long (I work in a small confind space) but, if it's for playing out live you need them as long as possible obviously, also the sockets/plugs are good quality. ;)

thx, but I already know most of that, except about cable length

thx tons tho!
#6May 15th, 2010 · 05:07 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
thebigguyconnor wrote…
Thx TK - I was hoping that I could use a mic with the stereo inputs but I guess not!

Out of interest, why do you want to put your mics through the Stereo input?
Edit* You can buy Condenser mics that are battery powered, like the AKG 1000s, it's a great mic, I have one, I think Rhode do one too, you can either use them with phantom power or 9v battery.
#7October 19th, 2010 · 11:05 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Denis wrote…
thebigguyconnor wrote…

Out of interest, why do you want to put your mics through the Stereo input?
Edit* You can buy Condenser mics that are battery powered, like the AKG 1000s, it's a great mic, I have one, I think Rhode do one too, you can either use them with phantom power or 9v battery.

arrgh i never noticed your reply.  sorry!

I wanted to put my mics through the stereo input so I could have more mics going at the same time, but I'll need to get some preamps if want to do that.

I'm looking at some cheap behringer or apex condenser mics that have good freq range (for kit overheads).
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.