#1January 7th, 2010 · 09:37 PM
1 threads
1 posts
United Kingdom
Help for FL Slayer Novice!
Hey!

Ive recently upgraded from my Boss BR-8 digital 8 track to using my laptop to create music. I got Ableton 8, and FL Studio 8 recently, but unfortunately im yet to get a MIDI setup, and am doing most composing on the Piano Roll of FL Studio.

The FL Slayer function seems a bit lame, and I really cant work out how to program it to make sounds like palm mutes and strumming sounds. Is there any available plug ins or add ons/tutorials anyone can recommended that would help me create some half decent guitar based samples?

I mostly work on Hard Dance/Trance music, which I find my current setup and samples adequate covers, but creation of guitar samples is a problem, and as money is short I cant really afford to upgrade the sound card for MIDI in the relatively near future!

Any help is a bonus

Rob
#3January 8th, 2010 · 09:19 AM
1 threads
1 posts
United Kingdom
I guess the cable is all I would need? I could plug my effects/Guitar into the unit I previously used and use it as a pre amp to MIDI out into the computer...

Does that make sense? Im new to this

Thanks for replying dude!
#4January 8th, 2010 · 03:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
sussexpob wrote…
I guess the cable is all I would need? I could plug my effects/Guitar into the unit I previously used and use it as a pre amp to MIDI out into the computer...

Does that make sense? Im new to this

Thanks for replying dude!

It's only for midi, you could plug your guitar effects unit into your sound card, depends on your budget,
Probably better to get a Midi/Audio usb interface, Tascam do one for £100

Edit*
http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/tascam-us-122l-usb-audio-midi-interface--34625

Another Edit*

There is an upgrade of the above, it's £120 comes with cubase LE4, apparently the preamps, are pretty good?
#5January 9th, 2010 · 04:10 AM
4 threads
2 posts
Bangladesh
great site!!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 11:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.