1 2
#16September 16th, 2009 · 01:25 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
When it comes to the Heritage guitars they are the exception.  Look at the list of professional players that actually use heritage guitars. They are hand made (don't get the samik built ones) and they use top end parts..  I got to play on one of these guitars and WOW.. I have a Gibson Les Paul .. plus I have owned over 7 of them down through the years.   The Heritage line is better quality wood, better built, and better electronics.

I do agree though.. I don't like the line 6 spiders amps.  If you know what style of music you are going to be playing, buy an amp that is built to work in that area.  I have come to admire the Hughes and Kettner amps..
They are very well made. Produce quality tones and are very responsive. 
http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/

Then again  if you want quality with a lot of versatility you might look at something like the  Rocktron Prophecy II .. These pre amps sound great and have about every kind of effect you could ever want. They also have cab micing sims so you can run em direct... They sound better than the line 6 running direct.

http://www.rocktron.com/frameset1.html
#17September 16th, 2009 · 02:00 PM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
About the Heritage guitars. The thing is that I live in Denmark, so I really dont have a chance to try them out, which sucks.
#18September 23rd, 2009 · 10:03 AM
34 threads / 18 songs
68 posts
Denmark
Instead of getting a LP studio I'm now buying a ESP Eclipse and a Hiwatt g200 amp, this friday
#19December 17th, 2009 · 01:59 AM
1 threads
5 posts
India
mad4muzic
I'm thinking.....but very confused !! Should I go for a guiter..?
#20December 17th, 2009 · 08:39 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
it depends if you want to learn how to play guitar.
#21December 18th, 2009 · 04:16 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
The studios have the same sound as the standards, but I find they don't play as well - the action feels terrible, if you know what I mean. 

I'm sure with a bit of tweaking they'd feel similar to the standards, but nothing beats the feel of a standard (of course, i feel this way because my main guitar is a standard, but I'd wholly recommend standards even if i didn't have one right now).
#22July 18th, 2011 · 07:57 PM
5 threads
17 posts
United States of America
Depending on what type of Gibson Les Paul, I say DEFINITELY go that route if you have the cash.  The quality you will get out of a high end Les Paul is truly amazing.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.