#1April 17th, 2006 · 04:20 PM
2 threads
1 posts
United Kingdom
Bass
I'm looking to buy a new bass....i play music like funeral for a friend, senses fail, story of the year, blink 182, new found glory, etc.

any recommendations.....would be grateful for your help

thanks
James
#2April 17th, 2006 · 04:25 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
257 posts
Netherlands
Musicman stingray/fender precision are real good bas guitars!!!
But you have to have some money,..perhaps good idea to buy it second hand.
Good luck    
#3April 17th, 2006 · 04:28 PM
2 threads
1 posts
United Kingdom
i already have 600 towards it

i have been looking at ibanez and a fender j bass ...the fender is good for the heavier stuff because it has i nice rich deep tone to it but the fender jazz has the deep tone i am lookin for but also has more of a sharp trebly sound to it for less heavier songs
#4April 17th, 2006 · 06:31 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Since you don't have quite enough to get a Warwick, I'd of course go to a music store and play the bass before you buy it. Reading reviews and whatnot is no way to buy anything but a beginner instrument. If you want a new one, do not under any circumstances buy it without first using it and making sure it is the right bass for your purposes.
If I had $600, I'd absolutely check out a Warwick RockBass. There is nothing better than a Warwick when it comes to basses, no matter what your style is. In fact, I wouldn't even consider any others. You have the money, all you need to do now is pick one.
#5April 18th, 2006 · 10:45 AM
4 threads / 1 songs
16 posts
Canada
Play basses with different types of wood and ask:

- how does it affect the tone?
- is it a comfortable weight?
- does it move with your body when you jump around?
- will it warp or dent easily?

I personally never buy a painted instrument - if you started with a high quality piece of wood, you probably wouldn't want to hide it.
#6May 26th, 2006 · 01:39 AM
5 threads / 3 songs
11 posts
United States of America
fender j bass is probably the best bass for the type of music that you play. my little brother just got a made in mexico fender j bass for $350 used from guitar center and i have to say it plays a LOT better than any ibanez ive ever played. but, of course if you already have 600 saved up towards one, you might have a lok at the geddy lee jazz bass. has that punkish tone and great looks. the maple nexk will give you some of the best slap tones iver ever heard. but if you dont like either, just go with what you think sounds best. good luck!
#7May 27th, 2006 · 07:47 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
My bass player just bought a new bass ordered  it online . It was a ESP he has a fender p bass and a couple of  others but I liked the sound of the ESP better ( and so did he).
Plus he said it played great right out of the box. He didn't have to do any adjustments.
I'll post again when I find out what model #.
#8May 27th, 2006 · 12:08 PM
11 posts
United States of America
I just purchased an ESP LTD model B-405 bass guitar on-line, from Same Day Music for $730.00. I still have my Fender P, and J basses, but honestly I like the sound, feel, and playability of the ESP the best. I only had to make minor adjustments to the string height to fit my playing style. The Bass plays great right out of the box. In my opinion, each style of music needs a certain instrument. When I play cover tunes, I usually have 5 bass guitars that I choose from for different styles. For the songs that I help create, I have found that the ESP covers the over-all spectrum.
#9July 15th, 2006 · 12:08 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
65 posts
Serbia and Montenegro
May I ask you what type of bass guitar is ESP, I have never heard for it.
And also what do you think of Yamaha's new bass guitars, I have heard some models of yamaha and I was very suprised with sharp tone it has.
#10July 16th, 2006 · 06:57 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
check out ther website
esp has been making pretty good guitars for awhile now.
website

http://www.espguitars.com
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.