#1May 7th, 2009 · 07:36 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Selling Fender Strat
I am trying to sell my electric guitar. It is a Fender Stratocaster Deluxe. I think I got it for 700. It is currently priced at 800 in guitar center. I am hoping to get 500$ or somewhere close. If someone is interested please drop me a note, I am flexible on the price. The guitar is in great shape. It has not been used much. I want to sell it, because I am not much of an electric player, and I am trying to get together enough money to buy a nice Martin Acoustic.

Vaibhav
#2May 7th, 2009 · 11:39 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ahhh man. About 1 year ago this guitar was $630 in the stores...then 2009 rolled around and EVERYONE jacked up their prices (especially the big companies like fender and gibson) and they jacked it up to $800. I was so mad cause i really really wanted that guitar. what color is it? can you post pictures?

i just got me a G&L "strat" so i dont know if ill get another but post some pics and ill see!
#3May 7th, 2009 · 02:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Selling Fender Strat
Songwriter wrote…
I am trying to sell my electric guitar. It is a Fender Stratocaster Deluxe. I think I got it for 700. It is currently priced at 800 in guitar center. I am hoping to get 500$ or somewhere close. If someone is interested please drop me a note, I am flexible on the price. The guitar is in great shape. It has not been used much. I want to sell it, because I am not much of an electric player, and I am trying to get together enough money to buy a nice Martin Acoustic.

Vaibhav

I could never ever ever sell my STRAT, it's a 1978,  it just gets better every year in sound, it also goes up in value. I think USA Strats start to go up in value after about 15 years.  I've seen a similar one to mine on sale on EBAY for £1,500.00 The cost of it new in 1978 was £350.00, I was lucky I bought it only a year old for £220.00.

Hmm, interesting that you think of buying a Martin. Recently I was going to upgrade my trusty old EKO Ranger VI, it's about thirty years old. Well I did a lot of research, Ok Martins are a favorite in the studio, D-18 or D-28 are the most popular in the studio [they are different woods], again research the woods to see what type of sound they give, this will save you a lot of time,  they get better with age. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.
The truth is I tried some top of the range acoustic guitars and none of them matched the tonal quality of my EKO, I have noticed that in the last 5 years the sound of my EKO has matured a lot. I just didn't realize how much until I tried others out.  You can also get one hand-made for a little less, they can use matured quality woods etc.  I ended up buying a hollow body electric guitar, so now I have an acoustic, a solid and a hollow body.
There's a website think it's called Harmony central, they have probably the best customer reviews on the planet.

A guitar is for life, don't rush into it, even if you have loads of cash.
#4May 7th, 2009 · 09:21 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
TheKunadiun wrote…
Ahhh man. About 1 year ago this guitar was $630 in the stores...then 2009 rolled around and EVERYONE jacked up their prices (especially the big companies like fender and gibson) and they jacked it up to $800. I was so mad cause i really really wanted that guitar. what color is it? can you post pictures?

i just got me a G&L "strat" so i dont know if ill get another but post some pics and ill see!

Please please buy it
#5May 7th, 2009 · 09:22 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
How do I post pictures?
#6May 7th, 2009 · 10:09 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
that picture didnt work. heres how to post pics:

go to the "My Home" link on bandamp...then click Album or My Album or whatever. then upload the picture of your guitar. once it has uploaded a little picture of it will show up in your album. right click on it and press Properties. copy the web address that is in properties. come back to this thread.
use the img tags. put the web adress that you copied directly between the image tags. if there is something like 90x12 in the web adress just delete it. then press post.

in fact...to make it easier...if you just upload the pic of your guitar to your album i can do the rest and it will be much quicker and easier
#7May 7th, 2009 · 11:42 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada

there ya go!

wow what a nice guitar...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.