#1March 8th, 2006 · 10:53 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Basic Guitar Repair
I have an old Global brand guitar that my brother bougt at a pawnshop for 25$ a few years ago. For 25$, it is a great guitar, and it would be a perfect guitar to have tuned in open G.

Anyway, when I was first learning to play, I noticed that the guitar was popping and dropping sounds, so I opened it up with a screw-driver, trying to fix it. Turns out the problem was with the amp... and I ruined the guitar.

I took off the pickguard, and noticed that three wires came from the pickup (other guitars are more complicated, but this guitar only had three wires from the one and only pickup). One was still connected, but two (red and blue) were not connected.

Where would I find a diagram that explains what to soldder? Any tips? Do the colors of the wire matter? There is one volume and one tone control... two wires...

Anyway I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!
#2March 10th, 2006 · 12:06 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
good luck.....i had a globalback in the 70s  one of my 1st  guitars k-mart 59.00 i think
#3March 29th, 2006 · 12:40 AM
14 threads / 7 songs
72 posts
United States of America
The other wire is probably ground. Most likely it isn't going to matter a whole lot which way you wire it, but if you really can't tell where to connect the wires you might want to think about putting in a new pickup. You will know exactly what each wire is for and what it should connect to, and you will probably get a better sound out of the deal.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.