#1February 25th, 2009 · 12:08 AM
7 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United States of America
Line 6 POD Studio UX2 with POD Farm Questions...
Anyone have/use this for recording? just wondering if this is worth the $200 to get as a form of recording my bass and my fellow band members with....im kinda new with recording stuff... im using Sonic Foundry's Acid Pro 4.0 and pluging my bass into my mic port to record now.
#2February 25th, 2009 · 04:30 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
they work.. I don't know if you can get the best tones ever, but it would be a better choice than you have now.
I sometimes use the line 6 gear box plug in (silver) I got the free gold upgrade for the amp farm ect.  it works pretty good( some latency issues bit not enough to hinder my recordings.  Also the guitar rig works well as others

now days you can get a nice audio interface with good mutlichannel recording software and amp simulators all in one bundle.. I would look around some and check out all your options.
#3February 25th, 2009 · 09:50 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
get a Behringer XENYX 1204fx mixer with a couple of mics. youll get much better quality and be much happier. the mixer is like $160, and you can get a decent mic pac for like $30
#4March 2nd, 2009 · 07:01 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I don't have the UX2, but I do record direct to PC using my Line6 PodXTL, which in terms of recording is the baby brother to the UX2 as it's only got the basic USB soundcard on it (single input) but with access to all the effects of the pedal of course.
Although I went out and bought a decent soundcard for my PC, and also have a couple of reasonable mixers (including the Xenyx 1204fx!) I have found the Line6 gear to be excellent for that initial recording, and so always use it.
I think Swordfish may use Line6 stuff to record to PC too
#5May 6th, 2009 · 08:02 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
I like line 6. but the bad thing about that pod farm is like..... You have to use all those amps they "Modeled" and their effects and all that stuff. and Personally as far as i see it, Line 6's modeling is not so hot.
#6May 6th, 2009 · 10:22 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
GuitarWizard wrote…
I like line 6. but the bad thing about that pod farm is like. You have to use all those amps they "Modeled" and their effects and all that stuff. and Personally as far as i see it, Line 6's modeling is not so hot.

line 6's modeling is quite "fake" sounding. not very good at all.
#7May 10th, 2009 · 01:59 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
I agree.....overall the company isn't bad but....I ish they would just make some of their own stuff instead of modeling.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.