#1January 12th, 2009 · 07:12 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Guitar Help
My guitar elecrtonics blew out this weekend and instead of fixing it i am going to just going to buy a new one (only paid 70 for this one so it is not worth fixing). I have very little money and need some suggestions for budget guitars that play well (300 or under would be nice)
#2January 12th, 2009 · 07:43 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
you should still go ahead and fix your guitar. Really there is not much to guitar electronics  it could be nothing more than your input jack connector failed.. (the new ones suck). a soldering gun some solder, and a new jack might be all it takes.   even if it is something else you can buy any of the pots for around 10.00 to 15.00 us $$

I have a very cheap (lotus strat copy)  guitar that I still use, I had to rewire it and just for grins I put in some decent pickup. it sounds great.  Took a little playing with to get it to play well enough but with some effort  cheap guitar can be made to work fine most cases.
#3January 12th, 2009 · 10:13 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
United States of America
thx for the advice i just dont like messing with electronics i am unfimaliar with (fixed my laptop's motherboard by myself) I am just not familiar with guitars.  I will probably try and fix it and while I am at it I may as well add some good pickups. It is an offbrand (not First Act thank god) so the pickups have a lot of mud. Heck I might even throw in a kill switch if I feel like it.
#4January 13th, 2009 · 10:29 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I agree with toastedgoat...partially...

If you have this really sucky cheap $70 guitar and you dont even really like it that much, you should upgrade and get like the $400 fender strat or a schecter for under $300 and then customize it up the way you want.
#5January 13th, 2009 · 08:25 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
21 posts
United States of America
actually i got the guitar fixed + added a kill switch the only bad thing about the guitar (I actually like the way it plays) is that the pickups suck but I will be solving that problem this weekend heres a pic of the kill switch
#6January 13th, 2009 · 08:50 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very cool . I love it when  guitarist dig into their guitars.. learn how they're made. after all it is really just a piece of wood , some simple electronics, a few added parts and that is about it... If you learn how to do guitar setups and tuneups (I call it that )  you can take a cheaper guitar , make it sound and play great.  It doesn't take $500.00 +++ to get a good sounding,good playing  guitar. 

Plus with the cheaper guitars they're great to learn on.  Take them apart , make adjustments, change out electronics, paint em up. You're not out a lot of money if you make a mistake.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 7:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.