#1December 26th, 2008 · 12:20 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Acoustic Gibson buzz problem
I recently got an acoustic Gibson 38". Nothing major.

On the A string,7th fret makes a buzzing sound when I play. Not a fret above or below makes the sound.
And I haven't found any other string yet to make that sound.

Any suggestions? :]

edit* it's also on the low G string,7th fret as well. But it's only if my finger is in a particular spot.
#2December 26th, 2008 · 03:19 PM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
uhm... im not sure about it completely but it seems that you may have a fret problem....
im not expert but i had the same problem but it was with more than one or two frets...
i took mine to my uncle and he filled down the frets....
I'm not going to recomend you do it yourself.. take it to a local store
to someone that knows what he's doing!!!
   whats happening is that your string is hitting a bumpy fret and vibrating wierd cause your
buzz.... they shouldn't charge you much (if anything) but if its just that one fret then i would worry about it
too much.... because when your playing it you can here it but when you play a chord some one 5ft away dosnt really recognize it.. (depending on the degree of the buzz) but it really isnt a major problem!!

Hope I was of help!!!
#3December 26th, 2008 · 10:11 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Hm. I could look into it.
Just frustrating since it's brand new. :/
#4December 27th, 2008 · 01:25 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sounds like the intonation is messed up
#5December 27th, 2008 · 04:54 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Could be one of Many:

1. The bridge needs raising/The A & G string are sitting lower than the other strings, can you adjust them? if not replace the bridge.
2. The neck needs adjusting [Go on the net, there are a few free sites that will help]
3. The fret may not be sitting correctly.
4. If this is an Electo Acoustic, is it an electrical Buzz? If so Take it Back to the Shop
5. Check the Neck bridge, does it look as though the A & G string are sitting lower than the other strings, if so replace the bridge.

If it's under warranty, get it replaced/repaired. The guitar should play perfectly, especially if it's a Gibson.

Denis
#6December 27th, 2008 · 08:41 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
If you just bought it take it back to the store you bought it from .. if it is used find out who does good guitar work in your area., take it to them, get a estimate.  IF it is worth the cost get it fixed.  one bad fret should not be to bad.. if it is just a set up problem that is pretty cheap too.

you can learn to do set ups on guitar yourself . but be careful
#7December 28th, 2008 · 11:33 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Thank you guys! :]

I'll be sure to check out everything!

I appreciate it!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.