#1January 4th, 2006 · 08:41 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
headphone splitter ok?
hey everyone,

when i record and mix down, i always do it with one of my bandmates using a pair of headphones for a monitor. it's often tiresome to have both of us listen to what we've recorded separately, and we don't have the money to spend on high-quality studio monitors, so do you think it would make sense for us to use a headphone splitter so we could listen to what we've recorded at the same time? or would a splitter degrade the sound quality too much to be helpful in mixing?

thanks alot!
#2January 5th, 2006 · 05:07 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
no, a headphone splitter should work just fine. however make sure you're both using similar type headphones, with the same impendancy, or one set will draw more signal than the other. This will in no way compromise the signal, it will just cause one set of headphones to be louder than the other. And that may be unworkable....

A splitter won't degrade the signal... they are, however, never used in professional studios, and for a reason. But I think it will serve your purpose.

good luck
#3January 7th, 2006 · 06:23 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Oh sure, don't bother to actually tell us the reason PX.
#4January 8th, 2006 · 05:12 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
in professional studios, engineers use very good monitor speakers.

if they at all make use of headphones, these are likely to be routed through individual headphone amplifyers, for individual volume control on each set. that would be the reason -
#5February 4th, 2006 · 05:51 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I don't like headphones..... they mess up my hair.... 

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:19 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.