#1November 4th, 2008 · 10:21 PM
1 threads
United States of America
USB Mixer Question
i recently bought a Behringer Xenyx 1204 model usb mixer and it seems to work...just not when i plug it into the computer. I've installed the newest driver to work with Windows Vista. Im also running Sony Acid Music Studio...I dont know if it is the mixer, my computer, the software, or something simple I am overlooking. Any help would be aprreciated. Thanks
#2November 5th, 2008 · 10:26 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Oh man! I just bought the Behringer Xenyx 1204FX model.

When you plug the usb into the computer, make sure that you have the weird 4 connector thing hooked up to the mixer in the right order/way. Also this Mixer can get very confusing at times so read through the manual. I think it also comes with a manual on the USB device thing too.

When you hook up the 4 connector thing to the mixer (the opposite end of the USB cable) make sure that you plug the ins to the outs and the outs to the ins. If you are using all the right cables (like using an XLR output instead of the 1/4 jack.) (the xlr output on the back of the mixer to send the sound to an amp). IF you do that then the controls will usually function properly. If you use the 1/4 output thats fine as well, but the controls will not respond the same and you will have to do things slightly differently.

If you need any more help on this go to www.behringer.com or just send me a quick PM (personal message.)
#3November 5th, 2008 · 12:32 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I am not sure about vista, but I know in most windows applications you have to make sure that the software your using is selected to the asio driver that your using,, In other words the default audio driver in you recording software should be selected to the behringer usb driver.  Somewhere in your software will be a selection.menu to choose this option.
#4November 5th, 2008 · 01:13 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I am using vista as well and when I hooked it up (and made sure all the plugs were going to the right places) and started a test record in Audacity all went absolutely fine.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 7:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.