1 2

#1August 29th, 2008 · 12:46 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
Pedals and Stompboxes
What are your preferred pedals and stompboxes?
#2August 29th, 2008 · 12:57 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/guitars/guitar-pedals/buying-guide.php#1

As far as I know Pedals are Stomp boxes unless your talking about this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stompbox

Anywho look at the first link and I think that proves my point!
If your talking about the original stomp bx that perform totally different functions so can't compare them.

Is it another word what you mean like maybe a processing pedal?
#3August 29th, 2008 · 01:02 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
sorry lol. i didn't  think before i wrote that. i meant to write just pedals. I was looking for some new pedals and wanted to hear what other people thought sounded cool or was set apart from other pedals, considering there are so many pedals that have very similar variants I.E Ibanez tube Screamer and Digitech Bad Monkey.im talking anywhere from phasers to EQ's. Sorry again about that! Hope everyone understands what i mean before posting
#4August 29th, 2008 · 01:10 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Hey GuitarWizard.
MXR Phase 90 is an awesome adition to any set up,
along with the Dunlop Original Crybaby wah
#5August 29th, 2008 · 02:03 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
No worries man,just wanted to know what you meant...I love chorus,delay tuner,Wah's ,overdrive,tube screamers,Big muff,pitch shifter and expression pedal.So I actually benefit from processor pedals which reintegrate all of them into one...But Its up to the player to sort out what works for them individually..I think the basics is a good start like kunadiun mentions on his suggestions.
#6August 29th, 2008 · 10:10 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
It depends on what amp I am using.  If I am using my Randall I like to use a Ibanez Tube Screamer original TS9 in front of the amp and I use 2 delay units in the effects loop. 1 for mild delay and 1 for a reverb.chorus effect.  If I am using my ADA MP1 rig I don't use any stomp boxes but I am going to start using my talk box again in front of the amp. This rig has me going into the ADA preamp into a TC Electronics G Major effects unit (This effects rig is great, it has tuner, all the effects you'd need plus noise gate and global eq with global volume controls .
If I use the Hughes and Kettner  amp I keep it simple and just use the onboard effects in the amp.

If I use any of the line 6 suff it is all on board stuff  built into the unit.

My goal is to purchase a Rocktron Prophecy II preamp very soon for my live shows and some recording.  I will run it into a very old peavey stereo tube power amp that has had some work done to it.
#7August 29th, 2008 · 10:24 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Ive got a Crate Palomino V16 Class A Tube amp (its only 15 watts!) and this thing is just magical. when i put the MXR Phase 90 through it, its just super clear watery warbly effects. Just super awesome.
For your set-up, I agree with toastedgoat and marino here.
Use what sounds the best.
What kind of amp and stuff are you using?
(lol)
#8August 29th, 2008 · 01:28 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I only ever use my Line6 Pod XTL - most times this is used to model amps; occassionally I use some distortion fx, a bit of chorus, and sometimes delay.  As it's combined with my Variax, I get a fair selection of sounds.  That said, I've used it with a Mexica Tele, and it sounds pretty damn good (IMO) with that too.

For the best sound, I've chosen to not use a guitar amp as this colours the sound of whatever the pedal is modelling.  Instead I use a 120W powered monitor as my stage amp - the clean sound ensures that there's no dilution of fx etc.  I also DI the stereo out into the PA (at low level) which gives a nice (again IMO) background reinforcement to the amp.
#9August 29th, 2008 · 01:39 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
yeah i own two digitech distortions and a floor pod (for a line 6 which is kind of ironic). and when it all comes together the way i want it to, it gives me a real nice and clear rock tone, which is probably my favorite sound. but ive been looking into some boss compressors/sustainers since one of the few things line 6 amps fail in is having sustain  .
#10August 29th, 2008 · 01:40 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Do you guys know of anything that will make a Line 6 sound like a tube? Something besides something that makes tube overdrive/distoriton. Like clear tube tones?
#11August 29th, 2008 · 04:10 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hey Kunadiun, when you say:
TheKunadiun wrote…
Do you guys know of anything that will make a Line 6 sound like a tube
What is it you mean here?

Some settings on my XTL make it sound like a tube amp - but you really have to set it up right to start off with.  On the one hand, you have a switch on the back that says whether you're sending the signal to a guitar amp or a PA, then you've got to match the guitar input to the right type, adjust the output level AND finally select what you're going to send it to from the top settings - it can specify between PA, Combo pre-amp, combo, or just amp head.
Once you've got that bit right, then you can pick a tube amp (and there are a fair few) to get your tone.  As I said, everything I do is recorded through this device, even vocals.  For that I set it to be a tube-pre amp.  The sound is always as if it were going to PA for me.
[I guess to shortcut the last bit and go straight to amp selection you could choose the sound with headphones plugged in... but I guess they have to be pretty good headphones]

So the answer is "yes" as far as I'm concerned.
#12August 29th, 2008 · 05:57 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Well Im just saying that I bought a Line 6 Spider III Combo Amp and I was impressed by all of the effects, but the thing breaks a lot (guitarwizard had to get a new one cause the presets stopped working) and its packed with electronics, and i liked the effects, but then if your amp breaks, there goes all of your effects. it can get "loud"  but i wasnt overall "impressed" with the sound quality.
I got a Crate Palomino V16 Class A tube amp instead and let me tell you this thing will make your ears BLEED!
(although so will the line 6 lol)
#13August 29th, 2008 · 05:57 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
but i was just wondering if anyone made a pedal to make the sounds that are coming out of the line 6 something a little less digital is all
#14August 29th, 2008 · 09:44 PM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
no worries man. i play so good, you cant even tell whats going on, and you dont even think about how horrible it sounds because youve already fainted from the amazing-ness . yeah i went there 
#15August 29th, 2008 · 11:44 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
lol yes yes zach whatever you say lol
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:57 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.