#1July 29th, 2008 · 10:52 AM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
NEW GUITAR
hey guys..
i have been playing acoustic guitar for the past year.. and now am switching to electric.. please suggest a cheap guitar.. whatever manufacturer.. i just want the best within my limits.. and ofcourse what other add ons i would need to get the electric sound.. like metal and distorted ones.. thanks a lot..

i have a budget of around 300$..

aks
#2August 13th, 2008 · 06:21 PM
5 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Canada
Squire Strat
Squire. Strat. The generic cheap electric. Sounds pretty good for the $ value. So if sound is no object and you want cheap, go Squire.
#3October 12th, 2008 · 10:24 AM
1 posts
United Kingdom
B.C. Rich
Usually B.C. Rich are good guitars, they're cheap in price and have a hell of a sound. I have a B.C Rich Warbeast which cost me about $320 and if you want to save up a little more you should get a Roland Boss Distortion pedal for around $120 if that.
#4October 15th, 2008 · 02:24 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
http://rondomusic.com

They have budget replicas of famous guitars for sometimes less than $200.  If you know how to set up an electric guitar (intonation, action, neck bow, tightening tuners etc.) then you can convert their $100 Strat replica into something that rivals the Fender Mexican Standard Strat.  If you don't know how, you can find a vast library of tutorials on the Internet, and more specifically, video tutorials on YouTube that will help you along.

I can vouch for the SX range of guitars.  They have Strat, Fat Strat, Tele, etc. models up there.  You can pick up guitars for sometimes $90 bucks on there if you look at the right time.  If you look on YouTube, you can find plenty of videos of people demoing these guitars.

Let me know how it goes.
#5October 16th, 2008 · 11:18 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Jackson... if you want a great sounding metal  hard rocking guitar with  floyd rose too..  I just got my hands on one for $ 400.00  this guitar plays and sounds like a guitar that costs over $1000.00  after I bought it a couple of the guitar player/ salesman came over and said they thought is was the best buy on any guitar in the store.  I used it last Saturday at our Pete's in gig.. I put it through the test.  I have been having problems with noise and guitars staying in tune.(strats and Ibanez both)  I ran this one through the test , It held up great I only had to adjust 1 string just slightly 1/2 way thru the night..    The sound and sustain is excellent. it has passive EMG's that sound fantastic thru my rig. I  usually change out electronics to suit me.. I don't have to with this guitar works and sounds just like I want it to.
#6October 19th, 2008 · 08:35 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
ok I came across this site , a local salesman said he came across a LP copy and was amazed at how well these guitars played and sounded for the price.. I have never heard of them or played on them , but I am always willing to try out cheap copies , you never know  sometimes you get a gem of a guitar for next to nothing.
anyways here is the link :
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss10.html
#7October 20th, 2008 · 11:47 AM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Same here toasted goat. I got a guitar on sale (cause its a discontinued model so they were getting rid of it) Its a Washburn X-25 with a floyd rose bridge. the retail was around $500-$700 and I got it for $160, and this thing is just beautiful.

Okay, with a budget around $300, and you want an electric guitar, amp, and the cables, I would suggest getting this:
(go to this link)
http://www.music123.com/Squier-by-Fender-Stop-Dreaming-Start-Playing-SE-Special-Strat-Pack-With-Squier-SP-10-Amp-513287-i1177837.Music123

This thing is a great deal. Its a squier by fender guitar, a squier amp, cables, picks, a gig bag, all for $200. That leaves you with some extra dough to get effects or anything else! (Fog machine anyone? lol   )
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:19 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.