1 2

#1March 22nd, 2008 · 09:26 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A bandAmp toolbar
A bandAmp toolbar, download it, install it into your favorite browser, keep totally connected with your favorite music community.
It includes ;
   A searchbar : Google, Dictionary, Images, This Site etc
   Dropdown menu links to the site : Login, Recent Threads, Chat etc  
   Dropdown menu links to the Forums
   Pop-up (from the toolbar) menu RSS feeds : The Pit, Audio Review
   A message service, showing on all bandAmpBars
   And a separate bandAmpBar Chat page. The chat also shows up on the download/home/ page.

Get it here : www.bandAmpBar.Media-Toolbar.com

Or click on the image to download/install it directly

**You should follow the instructions on the bandAmpBar download page if you haven't installed Add-ons into FireFox before**

And the Home Page : http://www.bandampbar.media-toolbar.com/home/

Like the writing on the door says "Ideas and Feedback", let me know what you think of it, and if it isn't it what could it be? 
#2March 22nd, 2008 · 09:34 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
it's worth a shot 
#3March 22nd, 2008 · 09:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Bang!
#4March 22nd, 2008 · 09:43 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
using the chat right now!
#5March 22nd, 2008 · 09:47 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
dude that is so wicked!!
#6March 22nd, 2008 · 09:47 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
godfather of toolbar where art thou?
#7March 23rd, 2008 · 12:58 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
my gosh.. it's actually really interesting!  I wasn't sure what to expect.  It's obvious that it's done up by a 3rd party org, but all those extra nonsense features are out of the way and the real bulk of the toolbar is really just the stuff you've put on there!

100% rated thread, I say!
#8March 23rd, 2008 · 01:01 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
oh, PS--  Very good call on putting the "recent blogs" on the toolbar.  very wise.  I actually just remembered today that i never look at blogs, and went to the recent blogs page to start making some comments.  It's something that was added to the site with high hopes of helping the community interconnectedness out, but it didn't take off extremely well.  Blogs are hardly ever read... I hope that anybody who bothers with this toolbar may think to check it out from time to time!

messaging seems to work fine to me, kings.

The chat thing has a sweet "dead" smiley...
#9March 23rd, 2008 · 05:14 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom

Ah Kings I see a little wit, more please!!! I'm downloading will let you know wat I think

LOL HE HE

Denis

Edit: I downloaded the tool bar couldn't leave a message on the orange message tab, it was forever trying to connect, I'll try later.

Looks great, I'm keeping it that's for sure!!!!!!!
#10March 23rd, 2008 · 10:02 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Quite Righteous! ....now downloaded and utilized here !
#11March 23rd, 2008 · 08:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Glad you like it! That is the idea. 
TLS : There are a few elements of the search that cant be changed otherwise these toolbars can be made completely your own, though they still make use of the Conduit services, RSS, messaging and alike.
I suppose they gather some info somewhere but as for adverts and such, I wouldn't have done it if it were in any way not bandAmpisian in nature ! 
#12March 23rd, 2008 · 09:12 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
it's great   I'm trying to hammer out an Opera widget that does something similar.  It clearly won't be able to read from the same messaging system (unless I can find a way to hijack the info stream to that site and read it out all by myself).  At least the forum links and such, though... that'd be nice

I think the toolbar is great.. and really, with the 3rd party stuff, it's really not even noticeable, except for the search box.  Other than that, it seems pretty low-impact!  Again, good job!
#13March 24th, 2008 · 07:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TLS : WIDGETS.....way to go!
This is the message RSS feed : http://storage.conduit.com/93/158/CT1587393/Messages/xml633418337619525000.xml
But the code to send messages is in the .aspx files at conduit.

I've been trying my hand at widget building too. Started with Stardock DesktopX widgets , they can be eventually exported as independent exe's.  I picked up a torrent of all the Stardock products, wonderful stuff!

Another idea I've been on to is the 'windows sidebar' , it loads files from folders called .Gadgets and are simply IE  (microsoft) compatible HTML and Javascript coded pages. Loads of hacking !!

Got any ideas for this let me know (anyone?), though I dont think there many 'bandAmp' links and stuff I can add  to it. Too many buttons and shit just get in the way ! There was a whole (really cool) radio on it for a while but it is simply too much stuff in an otherwise unobtrusive handy toolbar.
#14March 24th, 2008 · 08:50 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hey, thanks for the rss feed-- I'll see how it goes   I've got to stop doing all this extracurricular stuff for a few days and actually do some major paper writing and programming for my classes :P  (so much less fun than the things I'm actually interested in, haha..)
#15March 24th, 2008 · 03:03 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: A bandAmp toolbar
fantastic ............

installed and working .........

u one clever fella!!!

kersplash

the fish

1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 4:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.