#1October 12th, 2007 · 05:54 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Lyric tab / Flash player link
Just two thing I want to make a point of, I know the site might be open soon to implement these things 'our selves', but never the less......

A lyrics tab ; it it SO illogical and thus frustrating that there's a Lyrics Forum but no Lyrics tab ( as with Links and Blog etc )
I cant check to see which lyrics I've posted, I've tried the obstinate search page with only comments as results, it does not search on title!!!

A link in the Flash Player to the song being played, I use it often to listen to my 'playlist'  but if I want to get to that particular song I have to go through the damn search page again or look for the user, which is all right if that user happens to be in your favourites but otherwise it's the dreaded search page!

Unless of course I'm missing some illusive 'link to all' somewhere !   
#2October 12th, 2007 · 10:26 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
here here!  i second the motion!

i understand why the management wouldn't put too many tabs at the head of the page, because we're not looking to clutter bandamp as much as possible, but at least the lyrics tab.  I've encountered similar atrocities in the search page

as for the second thing, a link in the flash player, i hadn't thought of that before, but I suppose it would make life a little easier.  alternately, kings, I'd say to go to the artist's profile and just look under his list of songs and then pick it out.

but still-- a link would be pretty harmless

TLS
#3October 12th, 2007 · 12:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TLS wrote…
alternately, kings, I'd say to go to the artist's profile and just look under his list of songs and then pick it out
Yes true , but what if that particular member is not in your favourites it's quite a job looking for them, I know there's the search page and the members page but it would still be easier just double clicking on the song name in the player or something on those lines!!!???
#4October 12th, 2007 · 02:22 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
ah, see i htought you meant when you were viewing the playlist itself, because there there are links to the artists and song pages.  but, if you only have the amp open at the top of the page while you browse, then yes... you have a point.  the only other thing i can think to do is to keep a page open at all times of your playlist then, you'll have all the links at the mercy of your mouse 

sorry, i'm deaden'ing the effect of this post!

therefore, i repeat!

A lyrics tab ; it it SO illogical and thus frustrating that there's a Lyrics Forum but no Lyrics tab ( as with Links and Blog etc )
I cant check to see which lyrics I've posted, I've tried the obstinate search page with only comments as results, it does not search on title!!!

A link in the Flash Player to the song being played, I use it often to listen to my 'playlist'  but if I want to get to that particular song I have to go through the damn search page again or look for the user, which is all right if that user happens to be in your favourites but otherwise it's the dreaded search page!

(--kings)

TLS
#5October 12th, 2007 · 03:06 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Mmm! Yea! OK keeping the page open does make sense , in my defence, my playlist is long !! lol
As for 'deadening' the post , not at all not by a long shot, if anything the opposite, forums are for discussions !!!!!
So I just have to keep my playlist open!    If I have to!
But you agree with the lyrics tab, and I'm happy with that! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.