#1February 4th, 2007 · 09:10 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Copy to clipboard
Just an idea : A 'copy to clipboard' button in between the 'Spelling...' and 'Post!' buttons? It's a tiny piece of code, but would save MANY hair wrenching moments !

I did want to suggest writing the warning into some kind of users guide to bandAmp, and yes I nearly always do 'copy' these days but still it would make the 'experience' of commenting and posting much more 'friendly'.
#2February 22nd, 2007 · 07:39 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
the problem with this is that only internet explorer has this functionality, and by default it's disabled because of security zones in the browser and in sp2. to be able to use such a functionality, the user would need to go through the steps of disabling some functions in internet explorer security settings. so there you have it.
#3February 22nd, 2007 · 08:47 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cheers!

Yes the holes in IE make it fun to write for but also make it a crap browser!
Long live FireFox I say!

You could put a 'warning/reminder' next to the spelling button.
There are many spontaneous comments lost to spontaneity, which is a damn shame, because the moment is what it's all about. Not sitting there for 'hours' trying to remember the 'excellent' comment just written and just lost!
It could be a "COPY" button that only works in IE but at least everyone is reminded to.
#4February 23rd, 2007 · 02:46 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Well I don't think the button is a good idea at all since it would probably only work for maybe 1/8th of the people that visit this site. As for adding a warning, I can't do that. I'd have to wait for mud to add something like that. I can bug fix, but not add content because I don't want to overstep my boundaries really.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.