1 2
#16January 31st, 2007 · 06:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
re: I agree... but
TomFool wrote…
(...) There is no returning from such a mistake, so lets make sure it doesn't happen.

Well, I can think of a drastic measure: account approval request upon sign up... This would pass the request for an account to a moderator who would then decide whether the new member is welcome or not. I dislike the mere thought of it, but that's something you can think of if things are getting out of hand.
#17January 31st, 2007 · 06:47 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TomF wrote…
Maybe we don't classify the music as such in any way, but index and group based on other criteria. Band ? Duo? A guy and his guitar? ..  I see your point about diversity and I am exactly the same when I browse and listen.  Maybe we can have it both ways. Browse/search by author, title, date of post, genre, musical direction, arrangement, etc.

I've mentioned before somewhere here that as a user I would like the 'search by category' to work on the advanced search page.
And it would make searching and reviewing more 'fun'/'accessible' if one could choose the category's in which the songs/lyrics are displayed. You know like in an auction site, you can choose age of the car, make, engine size, colour etc, Well I'd like to be able to list the songs by author sometimes, other times by date posted, or last commented or title etc.
I was about to say it wouldn't work in the Audio Review page but it would if you set the default on refresh to be 'last posted', so the user has to choose every time how they want to brows the songs/lyrics/blogs/members/favorites/own music/mail and the Collaboration review page!!!
#18September 29th, 2007 · 02:51 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
i would prefer if the amp stayed as is, i am all for new members but
i dont want band amp to turn into antoher myspace or something
were a strong comunity, and this is a safe site
lets keep it that way
#19September 29th, 2007 · 06:27 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
i say that again: keep the spirit of BandAmp

and I dont like the sentences beginning with "we..." and "you..." . this is splitting the community.
so who is we? who is you?
and I dont like the secrets about the programmers....

but good to see someone cares about "evolution" haha
#20September 30th, 2007 · 05:56 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Agree mostly with the Fishman

Like the semi-obscurity of Bandamp, but evolution is good
Want some growth, but not to the point of losing this "global community"

#21October 1st, 2007 · 05:37 PM
1 threads
18 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
and I dont like the secrets about the programmers....

We're going to work on that. There have only been four programmers on this site. Myself, mud, slasherx and another programmer. Soon you'll see programmers from the BandAMP community, which I'm sure it will lead to great things. Mud and I will still be around.. our sparse availability won't be such a limiting factor.
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 2:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.