#1January 20th, 2007 · 09:21 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I think this would be cool, as there's always long periods of time when I'm all alone on chat, and I'm there to talk to you guys!
I am not mud, and although you asked for mud, the more positive opinions pushing for it the better.

WB

P.S. I'm all alone on the chat room now, come on... don't be shy...
#2January 20th, 2007 · 11:09 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
hmmm would be cool to send a private message to another person while on the site....
not sure if this software has those capabilities... it would have to be more like
a BBS system (as in before the net)..... this is on the net.... hmmmmm
I dunno... I am not that much of a tech type sometimes......LOL

then I guess you could use Skype or something like allot of us do....
but not everyone does..... I dunno

-NT4M
#3January 21st, 2007 · 06:49 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I had a similar idea in mind when I posted a suggestion before, I wanted to know 'who was where' at the time.
PX reacted 'privacy, big brother issue' which I fully understand.
But.....
The idea is right Mr Fish, in that it would be nice to notify someone in particular, but then that's what a PM system is for!

Having said this,
Can I take this idea all the way?
I think there should be a button on each page that opens a chat box/ comment box on the right hand side ( I don't understand why web pages go up and down they could go right too! ) of each page. I understand the privacy issue, so you could have an 'opt to be out of view' option, but at the core of this idea are too things, firstly if you are on a page reviewing a work you could chat to anybody else also on that page, so the creator of a work could be 'on-page' and chatting, secondly this would mean that you would have better comments on a page because not only can a visitor interact immediately they will also only leave comment and not chats on the comments part.
The main chat lobby should be kept but maybe split into 4 channels, all visible on one page!
I don't chat that much, I find it gets confusing having 7 conversations, and I do tend to want to follow all that's going on!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:36 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.