#1January 19th, 2007 · 11:59 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Heres an Idea....
We should set up somekind of mentor network where people can list their expertise and make themselves available to other people in need of help in that area?!  Just an idea....
#2January 20th, 2007 · 05:56 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
sounds like a good idea. I've come across several sites that have scheduled classes on their chat pages. Like "next wednesday at 10 member A will discuss topic X - all who are interested are welcome to join the chat session" We could do something like that here, too...

Also, more or less in the same spirit of setting up a network of sorts: I'm sure some of our members are better at promoting (their) material than others. Maybe it's a thought assemble some kind of promotion team who can aid members in getting their material to be heard by the right people...

If anyone has any thoughts on these ideas please fire ahead...

ps. I moved this thread to Ideas & feedback I think it belongs here.
#3January 20th, 2007 · 08:06 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
It sound like a great idea I would be personally very interested in having some tutorial of some kind and it would be a great way to create new ways to get to know bamdamp members
#4January 20th, 2007 · 09:07 AM
10 threads / 3 songs
69 posts
United States of America
that sounds cool
#5January 20th, 2007 · 10:01 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Good question, good idea, good comments.
PXtheMaan! wrote…
Maybe it's a thought assemble some kind of promotion team who can aid members in getting their material to be heard by the right people...
I don't fully see how this would work or more so why? The 'right people' for what?
Any production or equipment questions would be answered by the appropriate mentor. Do you mean if someone needs a guitar track or someone else may be looking for a record label that the promo-team would point them to the right member?

I noticed on the GTA forums how they have 'sticky' threads, by general consensus certain good/useful threads are 'stuck' to the top of the threads page. A good idea for places like 'Recording' or 'Music Theory' maybe?
#6January 20th, 2007 · 01:16 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I was thinking along the lines of having a forum section were each topic was an introduction of a member with expertise in a certain area...  say drum sequencing, recording vocals, etc.  Maybe even have an example of their work uploaded.  Then members in need of help could hit up the appropriate people for help the respective area instead of just posting a general "I need help".  I love your Idea, Puppet!  There are lots of people who know "people" and could point talented members in the right direction or even give good ideas on which type of promotion or where promotion of their specific material might be most effective!  Great!
#7January 20th, 2007 · 01:21 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kings wrote…
Good question, good idea, good comments.
PXtheMaan! wrote…
Maybe it's a thought assemble some kind of promotion team who can aid members in getting their material to be heard by the right people...
I don't fully see how this would work or more so why? The 'right people' for what?

Yes well what I mean with this is... Well, to start with, compiling a list of sites/businesses that one can audition to, to maybe get their music used in some commercial way like TV/radio ads/movies etc, and have members who are good at banner exchanges/advertisement/general promotion work with members who are not so good at it (or do not even have the slightest clue) but would benifit from it, help them on their way. What I really mean is forming a more cohesive collective where we can aid eachother get ahead on the fronts that individual members have their particular specializations in. To do things more "together". What am I brabbling about really - I mean we can help one another with tips and suggestions on how to improve our recordings, lets also help eachother out on the promotion front. Like I know two interesting sites already - www.tunecore.com and www.xampy.com (it's possible to sell music online on xampy.com, and tunecore will distribute your material to places such as emusic and itunes music store... also there is www.sellaband.com which may be worth checking out... if we can form a tight enough collective, state ourselves to be part of the BandAMP community, then maybe the name BandAMP will start having more of an impact in the great recording biz... who knows...)

Now everybody could benifit from interesting links like that, but there's probably a lot more ways more interesting and helpful knowledge in the field to get more "out there". I'm not talking about breaking through immediately, but I'm talking about How To Increase Your Chances To Earn Money Through Your Own Creative Efforts. This is surely not the goal of everyone on the site but it sure would be a nice side effect to atleast some, and we DO have some members on here who are professional musicians after all.

So ... quite elaborate, I know, but you know... Been thinking about this... Who knows...  ?
#8January 20th, 2007 · 03:33 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I think everyone can agree that money or no money we would like to have our music reach a larger audience.  Im liking the response so far!  I hope to hear from more of the members out there.  If there are some professional members then they've certainly experienced what alot of us are going through out here and could reach back and lend a helpful hand, even if its only in the form of advice.  SO LETS HERE IT, GUYS!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.