#1August 1st, 2005 · 09:31 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Unreviewed tracks....
Is there anyway that either a forum can be made for this or in the current review forum to have unreviewd tracks as "stickies", so that they can actually get reviews with out being buried into obscurity?
#2August 2nd, 2005 · 08:33 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Seriously, over the course of a day and a half, my tracks have been buried to page two. I start to wonder if I should have bothered... I'm sure other people feel the same, being that there are tracks without reviews on page 12!!
#3August 4th, 2005 · 02:31 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
Yeah it sucks people dont really bother to look at the other songs sometimes. It happens to me too man.
#4August 5th, 2005 · 03:24 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i try to send a few PMs to people that i've at least chatted briefly with, just telling them that i did a song, and i give them the url for the song too.  it seems to work fairly well for when i did it.

just don't start advertising everything   it's just a friendly shoutout for the song you did   that way, you don't look like an ego-kid, but rather someone who just wants the favor returned by others reviewing your songs.

but yeah, definitely paste the url in there.  it saves them the trouble of having to go searching for it on the audio review page or clicking you links under your name to see the song

hope that helps a little bit!  good luck!
#5August 6th, 2005 · 09:10 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Yep, this is definately lame... I get more feedback on my music playing it with a mic turned on sitting on the speaker!

I don't see why one would have to beg people in PMs to get reviews...
Maybe you can e-mail me when the site gets revamped or something...
Till then there's not much point in trying to contribute... Good idea though...
#6August 8th, 2005 · 02:45 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Nivek wrote…
Seriously, over the course of a day and a half, my tracks have been buried to page two. I start to wonder if I should have bothered... I'm sure other people feel the same, being that there are tracks without reviews on page 12!!

There was no review feature for the 1st two years of BandAMPs existance...

All the songs on page 12-14 are way before there was an option to critique songs...

———

However, this is a problem, and we're working to fix it — probably by having genres...
#7August 8th, 2005 · 05:00 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Nivek wrote…
I don't see why one would have to beg people in PMs to get reviews...

i dunno if you've left the site yet, but i hope you see this:

i'm not stooping to the point that i'm "begging" people for reviews, it was just a quick friendly shoutout to say that i had a song.  and like i said the first time, i only sent it to people that i would consider myself to be decent friends with anyway, and as such, they were curious to know when my song would be posted.

the point is to be involved, so if you say that you would feel odd trying to send PMs to people b/c you don't konw them very well at all...

that's your fault

i think the gendres thing would work fine for this idea, that way there's a bigger chance that newer songs can get seen while at the top of the list for the gendre.

looking forward to the redesign, mud!
#8August 8th, 2005 · 12:16 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
looking forward to the redesign, mud!

Here is a preview of the new design — http://www.bandamp.com/bandamp.jpg
#9August 8th, 2005 · 12:22 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
Looks sweet, I see where your going with the site.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.