#1January 12th, 2007 · 04:59 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Sorry fish I'm guilty
I haven't had much time to spend on here as I have a lot of setup and unpacking I'm still doing. I try to listen to some of the songs posted and I do vote when I post a comment. I should have more time after the end of this month to get back to voting on the battles ect. 

So I plead guilty and throw myself at the mercy of the court 

i vote
#2January 12th, 2007 · 05:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
my thought is in the bottom left hand corner
i vote
#3January 13th, 2007 · 01:38 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
that's true........Bandamp looks gloomy........the monthly battles seem to be getting nowhere with lesser votes. things need to get back on track.

hope mass voting gets the system running.................like the mega splash.

me vote
#4January 13th, 2007 · 02:54 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
i vote i think?
So, I clicked on the stars in the vicinity on the bottom, in my homepage under my votes it has registered that I voted, but the number of votes for the songs are still the same, please explain!!!
#5January 13th, 2007 · 03:43 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I've tried to vote for songs as well without much result ever and if I may say something else the home page hasn't been updated since the 9th of December it feels a bit like things have gone to a stand still since Christmas
too much brandy butter maybe ?...
#6January 13th, 2007 · 10:25 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: MODERATORS show u care ......... vote
swordfish wrote…
I have recently started adding a short comment to any crits i give to songs I listen 2 on the forum...........
it just says                'i vote'
This lets the performer know i care enough to let them know i have seriously listened 2 the song..........
MODERATORS..........could this become part of bandamp ettiquette?
kersploosh the fish............................. READ ONTO NEXT MESSAGE

The Voting system is not working at this time....  I am not sure what the problem is.....  It has been explained to Mud, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.....  It hasn't worked right since September.... The october through now ratings are all out of wack....  and corrupted....   The last real results were the september battle results...  October's are wrong, only three songs have ratings, and they are incorrect.. December only shows one song with a rating, and the percentages are way off... it shows 7.9%  and should be 79%..   So, hopefully soon it will work again... but anyone using I.E. can't vote at all right now... it wont count it.. And it appears the firefox votes aren't getting counted right either...
                             JimK (mod)

P.S. I am moving this to the Ideas and Feedback forum, I think it belongs there rather than the pit..
#7January 13th, 2007 · 10:48 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
True...,
thats all true, what jim posted... however, besides the voting/battle system currently not functioning, I think BandAMP is doing quite well as a forum. Plenty of new posts per day.... New songs, new members.... But I agree the voting/battle system has to be repaired too.
#8January 13th, 2007 · 11:08 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I realize this may not be a popular opinion, but I personally am not sorry to see a decrease in the emphasis on the battles, I disagree that competition is necessarily a core value of this site; in fact the real beauty of the site, in my opinion, is that it can be a forum to promote the growth and development of musicians. The battles create a confusing divergence from this path. Spamming of the chat rooms, political appeals from the battlers, are examples, (again, in my opinion), of behaviors that are counter-productive in the promotion of actual musical knowledge and skill (and I believe the battles actually promote this kind of behavior). Furthermore, I believe it is a mistake to pressure members to focus so much on the final product when they have so much to learn. Instead of elevating the importance of the battles, I would prefer to see an effort to promote improvement in critique. I believe critique should be elaborate, specific, cogent, non-judgmental (certainly never condescending) and it should reflect helpful knowledge of music.
#9January 13th, 2007 · 08:43 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
so... all the time I've been here, the system's been faulty. But once we get the bugs out, etc... alright I'm all for the progress of this site     

P.S. Post no. 50! 
#10January 13th, 2007 · 10:35 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
battlecat wrote…
I realize this may not be a popular opinion, but I personally am not sorry to see a decrease in the emphasis on the battles, I disagree that competition is necessarily a core value of this site; in fact the real beauty of the site, in my opinion, is that it can be a forum to promote the growth and development of musicians. The battles create a confusing divergence from this path. Spamming of the chat rooms, political appeals from the battlers, are examples, (again, in my opinion), of behaviors that are counter-productive in the promotion of actual musical knowledge and skill (and I believe the battles actually promote this kind of behavior). Furthermore, I believe it is a mistake to pressure members to focus so much on the final product when they have so much to learn. Instead of elevating the importance of the battles, I would prefer to see an effort to promote improvement in critique. I believe critique should be elaborate, specific, cogent, non-judgmental (certainly never condescending) and it should reflect helpful knowledge of music.

tru dat. I gotta agree. I think it's really the critiques that matter.
#11January 17th, 2007 · 04:51 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
We have to wait until mud emerges somewheres... me and jim can't change the system... so if there's any bugs then that sucks, but WE can't help it... Sorry
#12January 21st, 2007 · 12:44 PM
10 threads / 3 songs
69 posts
United States of America
the reason I joined this site was for the cool battles, Ithought that was awsome and i haven't figured out how to vote yet and didn't know it wasn't working until now.

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.