#1December 13th, 2006 · 03:28 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
They're not coming back...
I looked around, and saw that there's many people who hasn't been on here for months! 
I don't think they'll ever come back...
Since it's free to sign up here. Why not delete the accounts that has not been used for a long, long time?
There's some who has not been here for almost a year!!
#2December 13th, 2006 · 03:50 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
#3December 13th, 2006 · 06:36 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
wow you have spent some time tracking down the non-turner ups. I'm sure there are a lot more. i had thought about this idea before......but i was wondering about the songs that have been posted by these non-active members and also about the critics they have written to those members who are still active on the site? do their reviews just get washed away? well i don't know. there could be other problems also. its true that some of the inactive members occupy lot of web space. (wonder who pays for all that web space and bandamp is growing bigger with more uploads.)

i like your idea lets see how it goes with other ampers and the designers.
#4December 13th, 2006 · 03:15 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Life takes you down many paths...sometimes we end up in new places, and sometimes we revisit the past....I've seen folks revisit the amp after being away for over a year....I, myself...became an Amper in 2003...then stayed away for a loooooong time. One day, I got the newsletter email, and actually read the thing..and thought - hey - I should go check out Bandamp...this was in May of 2006.  Since then, I've been pretty active....but...if I was to go away for awhile...I'd like to know that my account is still here for when I decide to revisit.
#5December 13th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I agree with you spoon
I'm moving and one of the bands is starting to get busy so I may not have much time to get on bandamp for awhile. Plus, I might have a chance to take a job in China for a year or so. If that happens I'm not sure I would be able to be on Bandamp for that time.If I go I would like to think that my account would still be on here.
#6December 13th, 2006 · 10:28 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
I would say, if we're not running out of space, then there's no reason to delete accounts; if we are, well it's obvious that some innactive accounts will be deleted... I don't see the point of discussion here, really.

(and yes, you guessed right, I'm also moving and may not be around for a while...)
#7December 14th, 2006 · 01:08 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Accounts...
All Accounts will stay....   No worries....  No space problem.... and besides, as was already pointed out, the posts, comments, and songs would go away, and that is not a good thing...  Besides, We managed to get some increased activity from many older users, like Spoon, from the Newsletter, and others from more recent comments to their song(s)...  that tells me they are still around, even if they aren't posting... I myself was showing inactive for a few months a while back, but I was there... lurking... reading.... just not logging on...  I was in the background...  Don't discount any member....  And besides...  There is PLENTY of room....  one song takes up more room than 10 user profiles..  so I don't think we will have a problem...  It will be many many many moons before we have to worry about running out of room... and it isn't like it's untidy, or even unappealing...  it is actually nothing to worry about.. I really don't understand why anyone would go through the trouble to find out who is inactive.. 

JimK
#8December 14th, 2006 · 01:59 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
back in operation
its good news that we have plenty of space.

i guess we should get more of those newsletter thing going and get those long gone members like spoon back in action.
#9December 14th, 2006 · 08:50 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
I'm glad that we have enough space for all here on BandAMP!! 
#10December 14th, 2006 · 09:37 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
I thought there was too little space, because the upload goes so slow... But I was wrong... 

Well, then... Don't delete any accounts!

THEY ARE COMING BACK! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:34 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.