#1July 28th, 2005 · 07:21 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
posting systems
there should be a flag system where people can flag posts as being inappropriate or just total and complete flames... i.e. flag that marks a post as an unwanded "this should be deleted" post. obviously these would be looked at by a moderator and deleted at the moderators discression...

also... there should be a sticky system... so important faq type posts... i.e. things that get covered OVER and over again can be sticky-fied... so the thread gets locked and stays at the top of a certain forum

also a rating system of perhaps 5 stars for each post. also for your guy's idea about making people rate three songs before they can post one... maybe posts with "good karma" or whatever can count towards being able to upload songs... say someone has three posts which rate 4 stars or above. Then that could count towards one song upload. And actually i think everything should transition over to a star-and-a-half rating system. Everything is measured in 5 stars and there's also half star ratings... that gives a full 1-10 system and give's a pretty accurate and more importantly easily readable idea of which songs and posts are worth the time to read/listen to.

i also agree that we should ditch the words rating system... calling anything mediocre is rude regardless of whether it is actually mediocre or not. Someone could be 8 years old, and their stuff might be essentially mediocre... but for a person of that age it might be brilliant... we don't know. I think a plain star system is better, it leaves the linguistic value judgements to the user and listener while giving a fairly detached but accurate rating. the posts are what people use if they feel like putting their ratings into words.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 8:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.