#1July 28th, 2005 · 10:22 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
saved input
what did you guys use to program this forum anyway? or is it a pre-fabbed thing like phpbb? doesn't look like phpbb. anyway, you should have a method whereby post data is submitted to every page, and or use a session queue or something so that after typing a long post and accidentally clicking the back or forward buttons... the post is not lost when you go back to the page. that's happened to me too many times as well. i've got this new frggin annoying mouse with a gazillion buttons. it was the only USB mouse they had and i needed a mouse, what are you gonna do right? anyway, i still accidentally click the side buttons which act as the forward-backward buttons on the browser window, and if i accidentally hit the back button, and then click forward again... my post is lost. you should implement some sort of post rememberance thing. it's not hard to do... i could do it for you if i had the time. just put a little value= into the text box field and you'll be all set.
#2July 28th, 2005 · 12:49 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
You mean a $_SESSION['text_box'] type thing?

That's not a bad idea... I'll do it next time I've got some free time...

BTW, yes, this forum is custom coded in PHP.
#3July 28th, 2005 · 05:52 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
ok... yeah this one is actually even more mission critical than some of the other ones... i've lost many a post this way as well... for example my posts on just intonation and recording gear suggestions... i think i re-wrote those f*cka's like 3 times... man that sucked lol! hehehe... but no matter... i've figured out a way to deal with it... i write my longer posts in a text editor and then paste into here... still... I think it would be wise to put that in to keep it there...

and yeah

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: September 7th, 2024 · 7:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.