#1July 19th, 2006 · 05:58 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Second Life
http://secondlife.com/

I was checking this community out: it actually works really well!
I watched the last NASA shuttle launch there. As it seemed to work that well I started to think:

Imagine if BandAmp opened a venue there and broadcast audio / video.
Members could meet up and chat in this virtual environment, enhancing the chat experience somewhat too.

Have a look and see what you think - just food for thought!
#2July 19th, 2006 · 11:33 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
hm that site was interesting, but seems to be broken, I got through all of orientation and it's supposed to teleport you to the world and the tele is broken, so everyone is stuck there
#3July 20th, 2006 · 02:06 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
huh, worked fine for me.

As for the idea about Bandamp opening up a venue, that would be really awesome. Even if not a hotspot for bandamp members, it might be good for publicity.
#4July 21st, 2006 · 04:31 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey yeah, I agree that would be cool.

Let's wait and see what mud thinks of it.
#5July 23rd, 2006 · 08:41 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I wanted to join...the design software stuff looked REALLY cool....but you need a credit card to verify......i mean, come on, verify WHAT? I don't have a credit card! Where am I supposed to get one? I can't! That's cutting out huge percentages of the gaming community. How does it function?
#6July 24th, 2006 · 02:49 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
I joined without a credit card no problem.

You can join for free, or you can register with a card to buy credits there. Read through the registration process again, maybe you missed something.
#7July 24th, 2006 · 06:49 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well it seems to be an interesting concept; the screenshots are promising.

I signed up (without credit card, initially) and downloaded the software.... But it can't connect to the server. "Server couldn't be found". Oh ha well, so much for second life to me then, I am really not bothering to spend many good hours in trying to figure out the problem
#8July 24th, 2006 · 11:55 AM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
oldies you only need a credit card to join second life teens. Just tell 'em you were born in '75 or something and you'll be fine.

I finally got into the game yesterday. The second phase of training was rather fun, I got to do a bit of scripting thanks to knowing some C (well c++ but there are lots of similarities). But after getting into the game it was horribly slow and buggy, and aside from that I really didn't enjoy it very much anyways. I uninstalled it. I did make my own costume tho, I attached a block to my head and made it glow, it was fun everyone was like "dude did you know theres a block stuck to your head". But once I got into the "real world" all it did was get me stuck as long as I was wearing it . Stupid buggy servers.

Anyways, I didn't think it was all that great. Just my $.02.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 9:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.