#1July 12th, 2005 · 04:33 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Colaboration space
I was wondering about if there was some feature that could be added to the site to facilitate people colaborating on a project on line - like some sort of work area, or private tracks that you can upload and invite someone else to access or something.

Not many people can email each other large 6-8 Meg files (in theory it's possible, but in practice it's plagued with problems).
#2July 12th, 2005 · 05:49 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
maybe there could be a separate "Projects" tab on the member profile with a similar layout as the forum.  The Project leader person (whoever starts the project) would then have the authority to make the forum space on the Project viewable by all, or just the members of the project.  in order to join into a project group, a person would have to click on a "Request to Join" link next to the project title.  that could send a PM to the project leader with a link to follow that would allow the person to join or not (ie: give them permission to view and / or post on the project forum space)

the way i was thinking it, you could see the titles of the projects that a member is involved with kind of the same way you can see the uploaded songs that a member has done.  granted, Projects won't be finished songs, but maybe snippets of what's being worked on.  You could implament this feature for everyone, so that others can at least see the titles of upcoming tracks the member is planning.  that would be a cool way to keep up with people's progress!

nice idea, Daeljan
#3July 25th, 2005 · 05:57 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Cool idea!

I know it probably wouldn't be the easiest thing to code (well, at least having all of the tracks splice together in the end for a final playback online without having anyone meld them together), but it definately is a great idea.

Though, that probably makes no sense at all.
#4July 25th, 2005 · 09:19 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
This does sound kinda interesting. I would like to hear more...

Definitely something we might add...
#5July 25th, 2005 · 12:29 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i dunno how much filespace you could realistically allow a project to have.

maybe you could have multiple slots within a project that the people can upload to, and then each of the members of the project could either stream or just download the pieces that are uploaded to the site.
#6July 25th, 2005 · 01:30 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
I like this idea. I think that it could be a step in the right direction. You could even do like a blind partner thing. Where it says  your rythm your lead. Not even knowing who your partner may be. So that way styles would be meshed together and I bet some very interesting music would appear.
#7July 25th, 2005 · 01:38 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
i dunno how much filespace you could realistically allow a project to have.

maybe you could have multiple slots within a project that the people can upload to, and then each of the members of the project could either stream or just download the pieces that are uploaded to the site.

Filespace is not a problem... We've got about 250GB on the server... 
#8August 22nd, 2005 · 11:43 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
More ideas needed
So how could this work?

Perhaps anyone who is interested could voice an opinion on what they would want from this. That way we could harvest ideas and begin to organise and specify it.

The anonymous idea is good, but should be optional. There should be a way for someone to communicate what kind of colaboration they are looking for:

- what someone offers (if anything)
- what they are looking for
- perhaps a genre?
- an account could have collaboration space to allow file interchange

Or maybe a each collaboration would be some sort of virtual account - it would be easy then for subsequent collaborations and battling the finished product, ratings etc...

Also, maybe there could be some sort of jam where people upload audio or MIDI for other people to play around with - people could be invited to the jam, or it could be open for anyone.

Blind colaborations where you select what kind of colaboration you want, but you are assigned to anyone from that category.

A colaboration blog for developing ideas / lyrics per project

A colaboration project could be battled (did I already say that?)

Instant messenging? This maybe desirable outside of the colaboration context, but maybe you are online, and you see that someone you want to talk to is online too - you could send them an instant message? But then I suppose this would have to be controlled somehow incase it becomes a nusance.

Anyhow, etc....

More input is needed. Perhaps though if this is going to happen, the first version should be simple but usefull.

Just thought I'd try and kickstart this idea again as I think it could be intresting. Certainly usefull...
#9August 27th, 2005 · 12:47 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
I love the idea personally. I have been trying to do that with people my whole life. It just seems to bring out the best in us.
#10August 28th, 2005 · 02:29 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
loops and samples...
perhaps it could take the form of loops and samples that people could upload. I've got a few bits and bobs which sound quite nice but I've never been able to expand on. It would be fine for others to see where they could take them.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.