#1June 28th, 2005 · 08:41 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Rating system...
Does anyone else dislike the terms used in the ratings??? It's just that whenever i have rated a song as mediocre it leaves me feeling like a shit head when i dont even nessacerily dislike the song... Couldn't we do it with numbers or stars or something... I seen in another post (sindre i think) that the ratings equate to a number and percentage system anyway, but its just the terms used once you rate below a "not bad" that i find hard, so much so that i find myself giving a not bad for songs that were well put together but did nothing for me, and not bad for songs that were acctually not very good atall, just to save the bad taste it would leave in my mouth rating something that means something to someone as "mediocre"

Is it just me????
#2June 29th, 2005 · 12:08 AM
4 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
I, personally, think it's just you.
#3June 29th, 2005 · 12:51 AM
3 threads
9 posts
Australia
no i didnt like the terms either. it doesnt give an accurate perception of the songs.
#4June 29th, 2005 · 10:50 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
what's funny is that i noticed the same thing while trying to decide what to rate with

perhaps each person's profile could have an extra option, so as to specify which kind of rating drop-down box they see on the review pages? ( eg, the 1 through 10 thing, or the words)

that way you can set it to whichever way you prefer
#5June 30th, 2005 · 05:53 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
How about we just use the numbers. I mean guys are always using the numbers scale for everything they see. I see a hot chick with my friends and *bang* shes a 7 or a 10 or whatever. So I use the same policy here. If I like what I see I dont go by the words. Just by the numbers.
#6July 1st, 2005 · 07:49 AM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks mud, i have just done my first rating since you have put the percentages up next to the description... I feel it was a bit of a petty request now that you have done it, but it really will help me to give a more honest rating for each song as now i can choose to ignore the words and just rate by %...

Cheers
#7July 1st, 2005 · 10:39 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
No problem, I think it was a good idea
#8July 5th, 2005 · 02:56 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
ice skatin'
maybe it should be like ice skaying.... seperate points for things like technical, artistic etc...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.