#1May 13th, 2006 · 09:07 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Where to go from here?
Are you interested in the future of BandAMP? We need you involved in this website to make it a hit. There has been some discussion about a need for change in BandAMP, mainly we need more moderators, however, deeper still, we must transcend the Audio Arena. So much potential has gone un-harnessed. We need a few devoted members to take charge, and launch this website to the next level.
#2May 13th, 2006 · 09:11 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
I'm not around enough to be a good leader.

PuppetXeno is going to be taking charge of the forums, more or less, so that is ONE move in the right direction. Still need him to contact me about that

BTW, if you are asking yourself how you can help, a suggestion could be as simple as awnsering questions people leave on the board. Or, taking it one step further, writing a lesson. Or doing a product review. However, things like this can go un-noticed. So, another question is, how do we make it worth your while to write a lesson? If you write it, and no one comments, that is a major bummer...
#3May 14th, 2006 · 03:48 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well okay I am here... I'm often here indeed...
#4May 14th, 2006 · 08:14 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah!! What a good idea! 

So now I have to be careful of "sniper" PX who may be there checking on what I write! 

Thanks Mud, this is good news I think for the site.  And I really think Puppet will do a good job - but he can't manage it alone.  So who else (perhaps from another continent) is here all the time?  What about Jim K - slightly on the crazy side, but with a (seemingly) sensible head on those shoulders; plus his wife will keep him in line I'm sure.

#5May 14th, 2006 · 05:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, I spend a lot of time here on BandAMP, so I have no problem to be one of "those members". I'm a devote member of BandAMP, and if there's something I can help with, just tell me. As you can see, I have many posts here so that means I pay a lot of attention to what's going on here on the site. I'd be pleased to help.

> Iszil
#6May 17th, 2006 · 02:06 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
K, Iszil, I'll keep you in mind. Going to keep a list of people who might be intersted.

I'm not going to add another Moderator just yet, will let puppet get settled in 1st. Will definatelly be adding more in the future though. I still need to develope the admin features to be easier to use, although, no one has complained yet, so has not been on the top of my list.
#7May 17th, 2006 · 06:45 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Back to your question "Where to go from here?"

More or less members are writing their songs in between their own walls at home and they try to figure out how good they are. And all of them are hoping on good advices to do better the next time. And some of them are colaborating with other members which I definetly like a lot. I am doing this by myself.

So everyone is doing his/hers best and we all take part of it. But at that point the thing is finished. I would like to see the winners titles (HOF titles?) of the battles be judged by well known musicians. Contacts to the music industry or managers would follow automatically (I think ). Don't know now how to do but this is what I suggest to go from here.
#8May 17th, 2006 · 02:05 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Tk, that would be great idea, if we had the resources and time. Don't get me wrong, i love the idea, but would be very hard to do, especially because we are all so spread out.
#9May 17th, 2006 · 05:20 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
TK, a great idea!
Yeah, mud, you can try to make some contacts... would be really cool!

> Iszil
#10May 18th, 2006 · 07:09 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
This might be a bit low in the list of priorities but, if we do go somewhr sometime, we should also look at improving the website's security measures. I have found that that you can log in to other people's accounts pretty easily (in fact it is hard not to) if u are connected to LAN which gives a common IP to the outside world. I donthave much programming experience (I am supposed to  ) but it might be that cookies are not expiring right, depending upon tne authenciation tupe ur using.

Out of curiousot wht tool have u made the site in???
#11May 18th, 2006 · 07:14 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
It might also be a good idea not to add anything new for a while and do a code review of the site, remove some bugs (a lot of people seem to be having problems loading thr songs).

Again out of curiousity my college does not allow me to download MP3's. But their firewall only checks for the word mp3. But I am not able to download anything from Bandamp (of course I tunnel through) even though the address doesnt contain the word mp3. Anybody knows why?
#12May 21st, 2006 · 01:54 AM
48 threads / 41 songs
144 posts
New Zealand
I just had an idea...

We've got three prizes for the top three songs... which is fantastic... but maybe you could somehow ... i dunno give some sort of prize to the most constructive poster who's posted a lot that month. I mean a lot of people on here aren't actually musicians but offer great 3rd person advice.

It could generate a whole new level of interest.

- Chester
#13May 21st, 2006 · 04:23 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
man so many idaes
Maybe load in a program that will allow other file formats( wav,aiff, ect.) most good audio
players will recognize these formats. these formats could be transfered to mp3 for file download/upload. The idea of getting some kinda of a/r executive would be great.
Maybe pro management. or a entertainment lawyer(yuk). I've contacted the head of the indie label association before.  He gets guest speakers from the top indie labels to come to the indie show in dallas going on this month. Might be worth a call. It's hard to get anybody to pay attention to your songs, or bands, I know I"ve been trying for a few years. Anyway just some Ideas.
#14May 30th, 2006 · 07:53 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
re: Where to go from here?
mud wrote…
Are you interested in the future of BandAMP? We need you involved in this website to make it a hit. There has been some discussion about a need for change in BandAMP, mainly we need more moderators, however, deeper still, we must transcend the Audio Arena. So much potential has gone un-harnessed. We need a few devoted members to take charge, and launch this website to the next level.

One more little thing that might be a hit, instead of tshirt for 3rd place.... maybe toss in this nifty little gadget..... http://www.youracm.com/cgi-bin/at.cgi?a=296503  It is really cool....  I have one, and Love it... it gets alot of attention, and I have given a few as gifts..

THey aren't very expensive either... only $19.95 with free shipping... it doesn't get much better, and you could have it drop shipped to the winner if in the US, if they are outside of the US, it would have to be delivered to you, and then oyu could ship it... as small as it is, it wouldn't be too much.....

Just an Idea.....   Believe me, once you get one of these, you will never go back to a regular wallet again....
            Jim K
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 11:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.