1 2
#16August 22nd, 2007 · 03:36 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Toasty/gtr wrote…
I think it would be cool if you could set a option when you upload to either let em download, or just stream the music.  might bring in some more musicians.
Good point!
#17August 22nd, 2007 · 05:59 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Essentially, this requires a complete re-write of the way music is handled here.  Kings, you know as well as I do that the current Flash player is compromised, and that accessing the MP3's without the download is far too easy.  What would have to be done is to create a new indexing method for the MP3's, change the Flash player to accept songs based on some arbitrary hashed index rather than an XML file that has the direct address of the song, and maybe have some on-the-fly downsampling to make a 1:1 rip less useful.

Not easy.  It's why sites like Purevolume charge an arm and a leg to host a few MP3's (of course, the exposure that you get there as opposed to here is also factored into that cost).
#18August 22nd, 2007 · 07:16 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
I've got music up at several other sites and they are all  free ... they just have the dowload button dissapear whenever you chose to not have your music download ...  they have  buttons all in row like here  there go
question mark in a box (song info) then another box (button)for add to playlist (0nsite only) then another button for lowfi stream , then another for hifistream, then a box for download, if you choose not to have your music to be downloaded this box does not appear.  they just take the button link away i think.. the buttons link you to a player or a page
#19August 22nd, 2007 · 07:55 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
What are these sites? I could do with some more exposure.  I got all the community I need here, but exposure I'd like.
#20August 22nd, 2007 · 08:34 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
Avi  I sent you a pm
#21August 22nd, 2007 · 07:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Avi : Yes getting the bandAmp hosted MP3s to play on my own site was fairly easy, DEMO (took 3 hours to understand and set up)
Notice the 'status bar' shows 'connecting to bandamp.com...'
But is the fear that someone is going to suck bandAmp dry of all the MP3s? On a large scale it would be a bandwidth problem I presume.
As for the player, what's up with the player?  It does what it's supposed to !! It plays lists !!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 9:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.