#1June 21st, 2005 · 12:13 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
quick question...
what level of rating counts as a "vote" on a song's page.  I know you can choose stuff like "very good" , "professional" , "not bad" ... etc etc.  does an "awful" rating count as a vote?  does it take a vote away from the overall tally?  i'm just throwing ideas out.  i'm not sure how it works, really, and i don't want to just randomly throw an "awful" on someone's song just to find out!

thank ye muchly
#2June 22nd, 2005 · 03:18 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
28 posts
United States of America
re: quick question...
TonightsLastSong wrote…
what level of rating counts as a "vote" on a song's page.  I know you can choose stuff like "very good" , "professional" , "not bad" ... etc etc.  does an "awful" rating count as a vote?  does it take a vote away from the overall tally?  i'm just throwing ideas out.  i'm not sure how it works, really, and i don't want to just randomly throw an "awful" on someone's song just to find out!

thank ye muchly

The song's rating is an average. In this case, each rating has an equivalent number (Professional = 10, awful = 1) and all the votes added up and divided by the total number of votes times 10. I.E. if your song gets a 9, a 6 and a 5 your average would be 9+6+5= 20/30 ~= .66 which then is translated into 66%
#3June 22nd, 2005 · 03:44 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i see.  thank you AaronKraft47... i noticed the Average % score on the songs shortly after writing this post,but still wasn't sure what the weights were.  thanks again!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 8:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.