#1June 14th, 2005 · 10:06 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Background player
Would it be possible to make it so that we could listen to a track whilst navigating round the site without the song stopping? At the moment, you have to stay in the listen area to listen, it would be good to be able to have some of the traks playing in the background whilst i'm writing this... Just a thought
#2June 16th, 2005 · 11:00 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
random curiousity question:

(the problem may be my inability to understand simple things, but i'll ask anyway  )

on the playlist thingy (opened in a new window or otherwise, it doesn't seem to make a difference) i can only get one song to show up on the playlist ipod-looking thing.  the other songs i've added are shown to the right of it, but only the most recently added song is on the actual "playlist".  i try pushing the previous/next buttons and it just starts the song over again.

am i missing something?   i think it's just a refresh problem on my end, but i wasn't sure
#3July 1st, 2005 · 05:32 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
I have that trouble occasionly, i can only presume that every now and then it takes the servers a while to update a members playlist, i have found that whenever it hasn't worked i will log on the next day and the full playlist will be available... Try giong back in and playing again...
#4July 1st, 2005 · 05:54 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong wrote…
on the playlist thingy (opened in a new window or otherwise, it doesn't seem to make a difference) i can only get one song to show up on the playlist ipod-looking thing.  the other songs i've added are shown to the right of it, but only the most recently added song is on the actual "playlist".  i try pushing the previous/next buttons and it just starts the song over again.

The problem is on your end... Your computer is caching your .xml playlist... There are two things you could do: (1) empty the cache in your browser... (2) logout, then log back in.... As I said, it's gotta be your cache.

I'm actually not as sure the 2nd one would work, but pretty sure it should... 
#5July 1st, 2005 · 06:03 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: Background player
dcspoonman wrote…
Would it be possible to make it so that we could listen to a track whilst navigating round the site without the song stopping? At the moment, you have to stay in the listen area to listen, it would be good to be able to have some of the traks playing in the background whilst i'm writing this... Just a thought :D

Well... You can play songs in the background... You need to add the song to your playlist 1st however. We dont allow you to put the individual songs on the forum into the background without adding them to your playlist because we want to encourage people to write critiques on the songs as they are listening to them...

Does that make sense?
#6July 1st, 2005 · 07:50 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
yea it definatly does, i think i posted that one before you put the launch seperate windoe for player button in... I think the way it is set up now is perfect...

Thanks as always to Mud!!!!
#7July 9th, 2005 · 06:26 AM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
Mud - I understand what you mean about encouraging critiques of the music through allowing songs in the background only via the playlist, but would it be possible to have the song play on, at the least, the second and further pages of comments on the song?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:01 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.