#1June 14th, 2005 · 10:01 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
"Songs you must rate"
When i first joined bandamp a couple of months ago, on the listen to mp3 page it had a list of songs you must rate, i found this to be a really good feature as it encoraged people to listen to all of the new songs and made it more likley that they would give it a rating...

Could we have it back or was that feature removed for a reason???
#2June 15th, 2005 · 01:33 AM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
It could be that this feature would encourage people to listen to the new songs... or it could create a lot of false ratings for the songs by people who just want to enter the site so they stick any rating they please onto the songs they may or may not have listened to.

Just a thought.  I wasn't here before, I don't know why that was removed, or if that would even apply here.
#3June 15th, 2005 · 09:34 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
A suggestion, kind of
Already this site is so big. There are so many songs, even in the battle, that what I find myself doing is either following people who say something interesting in their posts or in their music. I sort of wander around the site that way. I might look for interesting song names or blurbs...

I am not sure how a song goes from being on the review page to being able to be in a battle, or meet, or what ever. Is that a qualifying thing? Someone has to vote on a song for it to be able to battle? I don't tell my friends about the songs I have posted but I know others do.

• If you had a new songs page, and asked people to visit it, then moved the songs from this holding pen into a review page after they had been rated - then the user (as currently) selects which songs to send into the contest... this would set the stage for something else ->

• You would then be able to mandate a- rate 1 song when you post one - rule before your song can be moved to the review page (after it had been rated). Anyone could go into the site, but song posters would be required to rate at least one other song before theirs could be considered, but really it would behoove me just to visit that page so that others would do the same for me in return. And that is one of the potentially awesome things about this site; there is a level of reciprocation involved.

A sort of, if you comment on mine I'll comment on yours.

Find a way to strengthen that and this site will be indestructible.
#4August 7th, 2005 · 04:53 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Forgive my ignorance
Do you have to rate all the songs to join the battle?(not that I mind)
#5August 8th, 2005 · 04:56 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i think i remember mud saying that you have to have rated 10 songs in the current battle to enter it.

i think...  perhaps it was that you have to have rated 10 songs for every one that you post.

i think...

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.