#1February 1st, 2006 · 03:53 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Rank out of order!
Looks like the ranking system is a bit iffy - only 2 songs got ranked out of the whole battle last month - how many people entered the battle? Loads did!

I know thats because they are the only 2 songs that got 20+ votes. The thing is, people aren't voting.

I think 2 things have to happen - people need to vote more (there are already plenty of discussions and ideas about this), and it would be nice if there were a minimum number of songs that actually get ranked so that the battle results look a bit more comprehensive.

Thoughts?
#2February 1st, 2006 · 04:09 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Cool idea, Daeljan! have a minimum number of songs that actually get ranked so that the battle results make a little more sense.

I second that motion!

for as far as this is a democracy....
#3February 4th, 2006 · 05:06 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I'll B da TURD
err.... ummm THird.....

JimK
#4February 14th, 2006 · 01:46 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
It still seems like people aren't voting on songs here.  To date I've had 172(ish) people listen to my song that's in the Feb battle, but only 7 people have voted!!! That's not even 10% - a pathetic ratio really.

It would be better for the whole battle thing to have everyone voting, and is I presume what you're meant to do - after all, the votes can range from "awful" to "professional" in 10 graduated steps.  Voting on a song doesn't mean you like it - it's just a way of saying how good you think it is.  Not voting doesn't really give the opportunity for us who do post to assess how well liked our songs are.

I always vote - but I don't always comment.  Sometimes people have said the things that I would have said.  But NO-ONE can vote for me, as I'm the only one that knows if I think a song deserves a decent rating or a rubbish one.

But who knows how to change that.  As the prophet of all things Bandampian, perhaps Mud can lead the way
#5February 14th, 2006 · 01:56 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Vision
@Jimi: hmm correction, Mud is the God of all things Bandampian, and entheon is prophet.

Just make it so that people can't leave a song page without leaving a vote - there should be an option in the voting box though "Can't listen right now" or so, for instance when logging into the Amp just to read posts - or when at the job at a station with no speakers.

That would do it... When ppl click a link without having voted they should be prompted something like "Oops... please leave a vote!"
#6February 14th, 2006 · 01:59 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Oh no!!!!

Mud / Entheon please forgive the error of my ways

I never meant to offend - I'm only a humble follower, who is not wise in all the ways of Bandampianship.

ps - I like Puppets idea for having a message reminding people to leave a vote.
#7February 14th, 2006 · 02:16 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
hehehe, how about this for a hair-brained idea:

You can't recieve more votes for your song than you have given to others that month!

...or a percentage thereof.

Now that could produce interesting results!!! It's a bit crude though.
#8February 14th, 2006 · 02:19 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
"a bit crude" = massive understatement!

I don't think lots of people will understand what the heck is going on... Except for those who read the rules.... this will be a killer for new and upcoming members!

but agreeable - it WOULD produce interesting results!
#9February 14th, 2006 · 02:26 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
well, I did say it was "hair-brained"!!

I wasn't seriously suggesting it man!

I still think that:

a) voting should be part of the workflow of leaving a comment
b) somehow people need to be ecourged to vote
c) peoples home page should have a list of links to songs they have listened to or dowloaded but not voted for.
d) not too sure that it should be a mandatory part of the workflow of listening to a song, but before they navigate away from the page, there could be some sort of dialog that always pops up if voting hasnt taken place.

How about giving people some sort of public kudos rating related to how much they vote?
#10February 14th, 2006 · 02:40 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
You know, if people begin to vote more and more, they can automatically have a playlist generated based on a threshold of voting i.e.  all the songs for which they voted more than X - then they have a fav. song playlist.

Also, in order to add a song to a playlist they must vote for it
#11February 14th, 2006 · 02:42 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Daeljan wrote…
How about giving people some sort of public kudos rating related to how much they vote?

YES!!!
That may actually encourage people!
#12February 15th, 2006 · 07:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I agree Daeljan, was a bit quick on the reply but I did notice the tone of that earlier post... don't worry...

I was thinking how about showing how many votes a member has given + the average of all those votes combined? like now it shows the number of posts and songs... why not also votes given and the average of that? not that that average would make much sense ofcourse, but it'll look interesting
#13February 15th, 2006 · 07:24 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
in order to add a song to a playlist they must vote for it

Love this idea...  this works good... also, a little baloon popping up that says
OOoops!  You Forgot to Vote man.. C'mon it only takes a sec"

or something like that ... great idea as well.. I think both should be made into effect... 

That will help....

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.