#1January 7th, 2006 · 05:32 PM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Of typeface, more space and...
1) When writing in the "add thread..." window the typeface being used (Verdana, I guess) is a very clean, modern and legible sans serif, however, after being posted it turns into some old style, small size, serif.  If at one (or two) push(es) of a button the system administrator can change the main typeface on this site into something like Verdana, it is worth doing because it'll make the site cleaner looking, more modern and easier to work with;

2) It would be good to allow at least 25 spaces for song titles;

3) Here is the situation: I post a song in Russian with an accordion in it, a bit of "um pah pah" song.  One of the comments from a new member says: "there is any good punk music here or not?".  The guy stumbles upon my song, when he wants to hear something completely different, something he can meaningfully comment upon.  Instead he has to go thru tons of mp3's before he finds something he can relate to.

I have the same problem: I can not provide any meaningful comment/suggestion on many types of music which I do not like or care to know about.  When I navigate bandAMP I look for something specific (ie guitar/classic/folk rock) to comment upon, but I have to listen to heavy metal, electronic, dance, etc. before I find what I need.  Wouldn't it be helpful to give each member a chance to label his/her song if he/she wishes to do so in order to save other members time and effort while going thru mp3's on this site.  The classification can be very general, such as "rock", "heavy metal", "electronic", "hip hop", etc., but it'll help a lot.

Regards.
#2January 7th, 2006 · 06:44 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I agree with 2 and 3, it would be nice to have songs sorted...  not in the Audio Review Forum, because we want the site to remain as diverse as it is, that's why we come here. But perhaps if you went to browse the archives you could view them by genre.

Also, I've never really had an experience with song titles because I havn;t got any songs posted, but I have seen some with incomplete titles.
#3January 9th, 2006 · 08:19 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
More space
The title field is bigger now.  Thanks a lot.  (3 days later: Actually it is the same when one uploads a song, but it is bigger when one, upon uploading, edits the title.  That's the way, so far, to put the full title if it is longer than 20 spaces)
#4January 10th, 2006 · 02:16 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Perhaps we could use the ID3 tags to "categorize" songs by genre / type on BandAMP ?
(re. the "where's the f***ing punk music?" post that bratello got).
 - mud, entheon - comments ?
#5August 27th, 2006 · 01:50 AM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Arroseuk: it would be easier to just have another database field called "tags" and let the user add tags to their own songs (maybe even other people's ala a wiki?)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 17th, 2024 · 10:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.