#1December 8th, 2005 · 01:59 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Forum Message Subject
my idea:
when u post in a song or in a forum allways appear the number of the last guy who posted. well, what about to put a space were appears the subject of the last post next the name of the one who wrote it, this in the main forum window...dont know if u understand...if u dont, tell me to explain it better.... gonan try to explain it grafically:
let's imagine there is a song from a guy called Peter, with the name My love, and i post something bout i like the song or smth more specifically. let's see:

>My Love                                                         December 8, 2005. 10:23 AM        1 replies
_Peter -> This song was written by me and....                                   Iszil . GO!        52 views
                                                                                                            Loved ur song!
#2December 8th, 2005 · 02:04 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
well, i guess that is better... that message "Loved ur song" shoudl be what i said...in case the one who post dont write a subject to his post, u write the first words.... the idea is to make all write a subject.
#3December 8th, 2005 · 02:10 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
hmm... it's really hard to understand what you are writing. Please make use of the "Check Spelling..." — no offense intended, I use it all the time, makes reading easier for everyone. Also, wish people would not use things "ur", it takes the same amount of time to type "your" and looks so much more professional... Doing this will not only make you come off more professional, but will improve your writing abilities.

After reading over your post for awhile, I think you mean that you want the title of the last post to be in the thread listings (e.g.: on the page /Audio_Review.html)... Is this correct? If so, I could make the title of "GO!" when you hover over it, include the last post title, in addition to "Jump2... Last Post!". How does that sound?
#4December 8th, 2005 · 02:27 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Why not sorted backwards? the last entry is on top position!?
#5December 8th, 2005 · 02:35 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Why not sorted backwards? the last entry is on top position!?

You mean just for the "Audio Review" section, or the whole forum?

It's an interesting idea... I've never seen a forum sorted that way, may be confusing... The thing is, when someone replies to someone else, it would be very strange to be sorted that way. It kinda works for critiques, but even within the Audio Review forum people reply to eachothers posts... so I think it really would mess with your brain.

On the other hand, there could be an option to sort the posts backwards, but personally, do not think it should be a default option, it would have to be something you select in a menu...
#6December 8th, 2005 · 03:17 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
"I could make the title of "GO!" when you hover over it, include the last post title, in addition to "Jump2... Last Post!". How does that sound?"

that sounds nice...

PS: when i said "number" i ment name.. dont know what was going on in my head...
#7December 9th, 2005 · 08:07 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Last entry on top works if you have a system like CMS or Blog. But you are right, in a forum this is not the way. What if you can choose your sorting order for every thread. Is this possible? So you can decide by your own how your browser shows the entries. "Jump2..." is a first step to that.
#8August 27th, 2006 · 06:02 PM
Want to join a band
Hi everyone, my name is Wahid, and Im a guitarist, i've been playing for a few years now. I've been influenced by bands like Rage Against The Machine, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Soundgarden and others. Im just looking for a band I can play guitar for. If anybody  has any suggestions or needs a guitarist please e-mail me at whashime@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot, hope to hear from somebody soon.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.