#1December 1st, 2005 · 06:28 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
Voter Turnout...
...has been bad. I think an easier way to get people to vote would be to have a percentage appear under their name and number of posts and songs.

This percentage would factor in the percent of songs in the battles that the member voted for.

So, if it started for November, 100% would be under my name and number of posts and songs. And if I missed a few next month, maybe I would fall to 82%, and so forth, so that we all could see who was rating songs.

Not being a programmer or web developer, I don't know how hard (or feasible) this would be, but I think its a good idea.
#2December 2nd, 2005 · 01:14 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons the voter turn-out has been bad is that I've not sent out a Newsletter since the server crashed... I bet a lot of people think the website is not even active at the moment, or never came back after the crash. Once I'm back @ my house I'll write up a Newsletter and mail it out... should be about a week, probably a little less now. In Flordia, and will be here until Monday or Tuesday.

However, that is an interesting idea... what do other people think about this?
#3December 2nd, 2005 · 01:35 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Actually, the real reason I've not sent out a Newsletter is it's really a pain in the ass for me. I'm not much of a writer (it takes me a long time) so just stopped doing it a couple months ago. Are there any avid writers on BandAMP that would like to apply to take over the job? Or perhaps some ideas for me to make it more automated, that would be great...
#4December 2nd, 2005 · 05:44 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ola!
I instantly liked leVee's idea once I read it. I must admit that I may have missed to vote on a few songs, because I did it all in one session and couldn't tell if there had been any new additions to the battle afterwards... the "songs you haven't rated" list isn't really working... it just shows all of the songs in the battle, whether I rated them or not. this may be a problem... and I can't figure out why I didn't report this bug earlier... or anyone else...
#5December 3rd, 2005 · 12:34 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
ooh ooh! me me! pick me! lol

wait, isn't that my job anyway?
#6December 3rd, 2005 · 12:48 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
entheon wrote…
ooh ooh! me me! pick me! lol

wait, isn't that my job anyway? :D

Thought you had too many projects on your plate.

Would love to have you do it, if you're still up to it, guess we had a mis-communication there...
#7December 3rd, 2005 · 01:35 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: ola!
PuppetXeno wrote…
I instantly liked leVee's idea once I read it. I must admit that I may have missed to vote on a few songs, because I did it all in one session and couldn't tell if there had been any new additions to the battle afterwards... the "songs you haven't rated" list isn't really working... it just shows all of the songs in the battle, whether I rated them or not. this may be a problem... and I can't figure out why I didn't report this bug earlier... or anyone else... :roll:

Yeah, that is certainly an annoying little bug. It only took a few minutes to locate and fix... It's been broken for at least a month by the looks of it... I'm sure a lot of you guys had noticed it, really wish someone would have reported it earlier... Generally the bugs are really easy to fix, however, I'm generally working on new features, not looking for bugs.

Thanks for reporting! 
#8December 7th, 2005 · 05:25 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Hmm, EducatedGuess found another bug which was affecting the amount of ratings:

http://forum.bandamp.com/Questions/12741.html
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.