#1November 29th, 2005 · 06:17 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
Self Indulgence
Hi there i'd just like to make a point regarding the voin systm on bandamp. It seems to me that as soon as we upload a song we get a sudden flurry of interest and comment ( all of which are gratefully received whether good or bad, we only learn from our mistakes hey?) but after about a week it seems that our presence within the voting lists dimishes as the sheer weight of material clogs everybodys time. I'm not complaining because everyone deserves their fair share of attention but i would just like to encourage each and every one of you to trawl the older uplods for each months battle, don't let something great pass you by!

oh totaly un-related of course but here's a link to my bands november entry 'apathy' which currently only has 9 votes. please tell us either way what you think of it.

http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/1368.html
#2November 29th, 2005 · 06:45 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
I have finally, started rating all the songs in a battle.

I would like to encourage people to rate ALL of the songs in the battle, it is fun, and even though I sometimes have no criticism that is worthwhile, that doesn't mean I can't have a say by ranking the song...

every song in a battle should get at least 30 votes!

(don't be lazy!!)
#3November 30th, 2005 · 11:47 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
getting worse
i joined here in may and i posted a song on the battle rather late, and STILL managed 46 votes, the last few battles the song with the most votes hasnt got anywhere near that amount.

It's very clear that BandAmp has grown TONNES since then and like the amount of users has quadrupled (maybe more) so shouldn't that mean that there is more "voters".
It seems people are posting lots of songs and not voting for any

ONE idea i had was like the site "hotornot.com" all you press is rate people, and "random" people come up for you to rate, i dont really know how to say this, but try to understand

They have a voting system where the more you vote for other pictures, the more of your page shows up when you do the "random photo" i don't really know how that works but it does! and so i believe first of all bandamp should make a "rate song" button where you click it and a random song comes up for you to hear and vote and comment and whatever.

To really put the icing on the cake, it would be really good if Bandamp could do what hotornot.com has done how the more you vote, the more chance (?) your song page has of coming up when you press the random button

The benefit of all this is so the more you vote for other peoples songs, supposedly... the more people vote for your song. I think that will resolve the problem of too little votes.
#4December 1st, 2005 · 12:37 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
I think an easier way to get people to vote would be to have a percentage appear under their name and number of posts and songs.

This percentage would factor in the percent of songs in the battles that the member voted for.

So, if it started for November, 100% would under my name and number of posts and songs. And if I missed a few next month, maybe I would fall to 82%, and so forth, so that we all could see who was rating songs... I'm not to blame (at least not for November... after reading Roberto101's post... a reminder can do a lot )
#5December 1st, 2005 · 04:21 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
levee you should post your ideas under Ideas & Feedback. I'm sure mud would appreciate some comments bc I know getting people to vote has been an issue and might still be, according to average votes for November's battle, it probably still is.
#6December 2nd, 2005 · 01:16 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: getting worse
Chill wrote…
To really put the icing on the cake, it would be really good if Bandamp could do what hotornot.com has done how the more you vote, the more chance (?) your song page has of coming up when you press the random button

I like this idea...

I've never really used Hotornot, but get the general idea. I'll look more into this soon... guess the voter turn-out is probably one of the biggest problems on BandAMP, so definitely needs some attention... I guess it would be more of ordering the songs by the amount of ratings the members have done who uploaded the songs, than a random song.

BTW, this seems to be more something that should fit into the "Ideas + Feedback" section of the forum, so moved it here...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 7th, 2024 · 8:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.