#1November 14th, 2005 · 03:34 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
comment alerts
i think you should be able to get an alert when someone new has comented on one of your songs rather than having to go to the audio review page and scroll down. just think it would b quicker...
#2November 14th, 2005 · 07:45 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Ok, I've added this feature (programming wise), however have not implemented it yet... This is going to be an option in the user profile... I'll also have the option to email when you you get a new PM, or when you get a new post to a thread you've created...

I need some suggestions of what exactly to put in the email... anything more than just a URL to the new critique?

Not sure how other forum software does this, please inform me to continue!
#3November 14th, 2005 · 09:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
new reply: comment alerts
Keep it simple:

"Hello (username), you've received a new pm: (URL)
regards,
BandAMP"

and

"Hello (username), you've received a new reply to your thread: (URL)
regards,
BandAMP"

with subjects reading "BandAMP: new (pm / reply to (name of thread) )"

something like that?

#4November 14th, 2005 · 12:11 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Alright, you should get emails now when you recieve a review of your song in Audio Review. Soom you also will get emails when you get a reply to your thread, or a new pm. You will be able to turn this feature off in the "Edit Profile" section of the website, sooner than later. For now, it's turned on by default for all users. The reason it's on by default is because most users will not realize thre is this feature in the 1st place... also, I'm going to make it very easy for your to turn it off (basically you'll have to click on a URL in your email client).
#5November 14th, 2005 · 12:12 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Please let me know whether it works for ya'll! 
#6November 14th, 2005 · 01:54 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yup
it works! finally some traffic to my gmail account!

praise Tess, wot a lovely idea that was!
praise mud, for adding the feature at lightning speed!
you're doing a great job, overall!

o/ o/ o/  (or: three cheers, hurrah!)
#7November 14th, 2005 · 02:34 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
that is fantastic work
#8November 30th, 2005 · 07:45 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
I'm sorry I've not added a place to disable this feature in your profile yet... I'm working on a major rehaul of the code (on the backend.. you wont see most of the changes), and am going to upload the changes once I'm back at my house (in Europe now, london at the moment). Anyways, just wanted to give you guys an update on this and let you know I've not forgotten.
#9November 30th, 2005 · 01:25 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
off topic, but still
ok, so what are you doing in europe anyway? you mention it a lot, so is it just leasure or for the job?
(I don't know much about the man behind the AMP)

any chance of you hitting Amsterdam?
#10November 30th, 2005 · 05:27 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: off topic, but still
PuppetXeno wrote…
ok, so what are you doing in europe anyway? you mention it a lot, so is it just leasure or for the job?
(I don't know much about the man behind the AMP)

any chance of you hitting Amsterdam?

Well, basically came for as a buisness trip + to visit my girl friend in spain + for leasure, in that order. So, all the above Yup, flew into Amsterdam, stayed there for two weeks. Then flew to Madrid (spain), then Granada (spain), then Malaga (spain), then London (god, it is expensive here) and am flying to Flordia tomorrow, which leads me up to the last leg of my journey.

Do you live in Amsterdam? I see your flag is the Netherlands, so guessing yes...
#11November 30th, 2005 · 05:43 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
no, I don't live in Amsterdam, but close enough... actually in the not flat part of The Netherlands, "Schoorl", near the coast - with the dunes and all - like a 45 minutes trip on public transportation to Amsterdam CS. Studied there, lived there for a short while... The best place to go in Amsterdam would be Korsakoff's... GREAT alt. bar/club. I was going to recommend it to you if you hadn't been to A'dam already...

but anyways, if you're ever in A'dam again, you should definately check it out. It's just THE place... like what BandAMP is for music sites, Korsakoff's is for alt. bars in EUROPE!!! I swear it - and I should know!

anyways keep up the good work, this site is awesome!

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.