1 2

#1December 16th, 2005 · 02:47 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
What is this?
Hi, I'm entheon and I'm the editor, among other things, here at BandAMP. Featured Blogs are and will be a way for those of you who might be literate enough and coherent enough to write a few meaningful sentences to get your message out to the BandAMP community. The idea is to employ those folks here who might be worthy of your time to read for one reason or another.

As most of you are aware weblogging has become a hot topic on the internet lately and there's good reason. Most weblogs are a regular update and peek into at least one side of the many lives of many people. Some people write about shoes, some people write about money, and hopefully here on BandAMP our bloggers will be writing about something that's important to you. Not only that but you'll also be getting a little more insight into the lives of BandAMP members - what it's like to be us - and you'll be getting a little more intimate with the folks on this board who can be sometimes aloof and hard to pin down.

There are however no guarantees and my main rule above all other rules is that what I say goes, but since I don't say much - the rule that follows is that anything goes.

So come on in, have a read and maybe be surprised! 
#2December 28th, 2005 · 08:56 PM
7 threads / 3 songs
47 posts
United Kingdom
errrm, sorry to be a pain but whats the deal with this featured blog thing? i mean, i understand what they are but how do we become featured blogs and what responsibilities come with the job??

sorry if im being a retard and everyone else knows whats going on but im abit confused as i havent seen any posts or anything aside from this one. Is it not quite set up yet or has no-one been interesting enough to be selected as one?
#3December 31st, 2005 · 12:40 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
i wouldnt worry - i was asked to be a featured blogger about a year ago and it hasnt happened as yet.  i wrote a few blogs and havent heard anything since. 

and to be honest, i havent got the time to write stuff on the off chance that it may or may not be used this century.  no ones quite sure whats going on, so its not only u.
#4December 31st, 2005 · 12:59 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ditto.

The fact that I haven't written new material is because I'd like to see it in use first... or else... well... it'll be energy invested in nothingness, and that's just not my style.

So I patiently wait and see what happens...
#5December 31st, 2005 · 01:24 PM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
i find lack of organisation irritating at the best of times, let alone when im being asked to help someone out.
#6January 12th, 2006 · 01:47 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
yeah, sorry guys.. that's all my bad... i'm on the road right now and I haven't had internet for the past week - getting the blog thing rolling was a slightly difficult thing... and yes maybe it was "last" year that i asked you guys to be bloggers but it certainly wasn't a *year* ago

anyway... i'll be back at "work" in about a week or so and the blogs will be one thing I'll try to get up right away - sorry for the delay folks!
#7February 4th, 2006 · 04:34 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Any word on when the Featured Blog thing might become a reality? or are you scrapping it entirely?  I think it is a great idea.. Because many people dont even vote, let alon look at blogs.. so it might help get Bandampers together and more active....
          Anyway....
                   Let us know
                             JimK
#8February 4th, 2006 · 08:31 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
i'll do it eventually! i swear!
#9February 13th, 2006 · 01:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Don't like blogs...

> Iszil
#10February 13th, 2006 · 04:35 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Doesn't seem like there is much going on here?
#11February 13th, 2006 · 06:56 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Exactly... Why blogs don't work here on BandAMP?

> Iszil
#12February 15th, 2006 · 06:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well if you haven't noticed changes are going to be made in another few of weeks, according to the latest news from mud... so be patient.

As for the featured blog thingie: it's been so long since I wrote those first few things, and so much has happened since, most of it is hopelessly outdated. I take different perspectives now, partially thanks to the fact that they haven't been published in time.

Think I'm gonna start all over... Man do I have a load of rantings up my sleeve...
#13February 15th, 2006 · 07:35 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Just go to your homepage, and start posting to your blog... it isn't hard, and it works... and then, eventually the featured blog thing will happen.. as of right now, I go to the homepage of most everyone I see, and look at the information they have posted about themselves... If you were keeping up on your blog, there would be alot to read, and when the Featured Blog thing comes to life, all will be right...  
                           JimK
#14February 15th, 2006 · 12:01 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Just go to your homepage, and start posting to your blog... it isn't hard, and it works... and then, eventually the featured blog thing will happen.. as of right now, I go to the homepage of most everyone I see, and look at the information they have posted about themselves... If you were keeping up on your blog, there would be alot to read, and when the Featured Blog thing comes to life, all will be right...  
                           JimK

Umm. no the blog has bugs... sometimes it won't accept a new entry and I have to try and try and try and give up and try the next day and then it does work all of a sudden....

Me no know why...
#15February 18th, 2006 · 01:00 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
edited subject: you're a creep
yeah, I have noticed some bugs...   but it has been working good lately....   

Maybe it's a SPECTRE!  HAHAHAHAHAA   sorry, couldn't help it....
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 5:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.