#1March 2nd, 2007 · 11:13 PM
1 threads
1 posts
United States of America
Indie Band Challenge
I hope you won't consider this spam, I've been lurking here a while but haven't had anything interesting to say until today...

I've launched an "Indie Band Challenge" site at http://indiebandchallenge.com.

Every month I'll be giving away cash prizes to the two highest rated bands, and we'll have a different batch of contributions each month. The prizes start out at $20, which isn't much (but it will buy a week's groceries if used well), and visitors are welcome contribute to the "pot" to raise the monthly prize. There's no limit to how large the prizes can grow, so the more visitors and contributors that show up, the better things will be for the winners.

Each registered user on each site will have the opportunity to rate that month's content, so stop over and sign up. You'll get to listen to free and be supporting the creative arts in the process.

If your band is selected to be voted on, you'll get great exposure even if you don't win the prize.

- Xangis
#2March 4th, 2007 · 03:52 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Personally I would call this spam, and you've found the right time to 'find something interesting to say, just when everyone here want just what your offering there.
I went checking out www.zetacentauri.com and it seams pretty cool, you've got some very good 'tools' to download too!
What else do you guys do then? You seam to be quite involved in the music scenes.
#3March 4th, 2007 · 11:27 AM
1 threads
1 posts
United States of America
Well, there's a bunch that we do.  There's soundprogramming.net, which is a library of free synthesizer, drum machine, and sampler manuals - still building, but there are already a ton of manuals there.  We're also working on some tutorials on writing audio software, but I can't say when those will be ready.

My own music project is Bloodless Mushroom, experimental electronic instrumental music - http://www.bloodlessmushroom.com and all songs are free downloads. I have't released any new songs lately, but I have a new batch of stuff nearly complete. I used to be in the band Dr. Kilpatient, which is a weird Zappa-influenced group at http://www.drkilpatient.com, but the leader moved to the west coast, so other than doing some across-the-net correspondence I don't do much with the Dr. anymore.
#4March 4th, 2007 · 12:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just had a closer look at the site, nice set up.
Might even become a member! I'll try not to spam too much though! lol
So your literally just started ? Best of luck to you. I will go and check it out when there's a little more going on.
#5June 6th, 2007 · 05:08 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Looks like there is still some work to be done here, but I joined anyway.  Let us know if there are any updates.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.