#1August 22nd, 2012 · 03:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Mortgage Free
I had verbal confirmation today that my home is now paid in full - I'm drinking champagne as I speak.
I had to add an additional £15,000 to pay it off as the endowment policy paid short, I had been putting money away for over ten years for this.

So naturally I need to create a song to celebrate - Has anyone got any ideas - perhaps a big collaboration.

Are there any members who can share something they worked hard for and got a real buzz from it.  It's stories like this that can inspire motivate us all.

So yeah I'm celebrating today of being mortgage fee - It feels fantastic, a real sense of achievement, believe you me I had to sacrifice a lot in the first ten years, I was the only one working as I believe that children need to be close to their mother for the first five years - how we managed was something quite like a miracle.  Even though things were tight, they have got to be probably the happiest days of my life.

I was lucky when I bought my home in 1985, it was cheaper in relation to your salary, I paid £40,000. Now in  outer London where I live the average price of a three bedroom house is £230,00. Closer into London Central the prices go up to a staggering £500,000 and that's not even in the heart. It's the young generation who are going to suffer, and it's affecting many parts of the world. We need something of a miracle to help the future of mankind, or more to the point stop the gap of working class and middle class become wider - Perhaps something like living on another planet where the civilization is better, because this one is gonna be tough for the generations to come, unless a miracle happens or we are fortunate for some God like person to be born and create an answer or even game plan to improving our world. Let's face it our Mankind is a bit behind, especially spiritually, The ancient Egyptians were more spiritually advanced than we are today - where did it all go I wonder.
#2August 22nd, 2012 · 05:43 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey ho hey !!
That´s good news, dude.    I´m honestly happy with you that this burden is fallen off your shoulders now.
Building / buying a house can be one dream in a man´s life. Seeing his childen growing up in this home is a task you´ve performed masterly, obviously.
Seems you did another snip when you bought the house, you old snip-snapper, haha.
Seems your whole life is a bargain.  Glueckspilz . 

Now that the house is yours, your children grown up and you´re still somewhat healthy you can follow your next dream : studio, teaching, producing, filming................

Congrats, cheers, santé and prosit

#3August 23rd, 2012 · 04:38 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Hey ho hey !!
That´s good news, dude.    I´m honestly happy with you that this burden is fallen off your shoulders now.
Building / buying a house can be one dream in a man´s life. Seeing his childen growing up in this home is a task you´ve performed masterly, obviously.
Seems you did another snip when you bought the house, you old snip-snapper, haha.
Seems your whole life is a bargain.  Glueckspilz . 

Now that the house is yours, your children grown up and you´re still somewhat healthy you can follow your next dream : studio, teaching, producing, filming................

Congrats, cheers, santé and prosit

Thanks ULI
My next goal is to save money for 25th Wedding Anniversary 2013, then the Studio, then help My daughters get married, but they are still young 20 & 21yrs, one is in a serious relationship, but starting UNI, three years to become a Primary School Teacher. The average age to get married in UK is 30yrs -  it has risen from when I got married, young adults these days want to have a bit of fun before they settle down - sounds good to me. 
#4August 23rd, 2012 · 05:30 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
congrats Denis!
And nice goals to go,
had to think of this song:

#5August 24th, 2012 · 05:44 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Well done Denis
Me and sue did the same this Thursday gone ...... We celebrating tonite

John and sue
#6August 25th, 2012 · 04:36 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Well done Denis
swordfish wrote…
Me and sue did the same this Thursday gone ...... We celebrating tonite

John and sue
Double celebration - Awesome
Congrates to you and sue too     
#7August 28th, 2012 · 04:26 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Hey Fishi,
also congrats from me for being free now.
You both families have walked a long road and now you´re open to look for a new path to walk on.
Ya future has begun........................now........................

U.L.I.
#8September 7th, 2012 · 08:48 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
yeaaah
Excellent congratulations Denis .....bring on the champers ........think I'll duck down to Ladbrokes.  
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 5:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.